United Freeze And Reduce Ticket Prices

They're struggling to sell them. That's why they've reduced League Cup prices by 25%. They've just about cooked the goose that laid the golden egg.
I think almost all the clubs have to be fair. Season tickets for me and my lad £1000. He's 20 so I imagine that'll be going up by £3/400 sooner rather than later. 400 mile round trip for me, every home game. Usually the train and a couple of beers, best part of £4000 a year. Biggest tv deal imaginable cones along and they just give the players more and more. They're so far removed from the realities of the majority of people who go and watch them, it's getting beyond a joke. I love city and have been going for over 30 years but football is just going to eat itself. I'm nearly at the I've had enough stage.
It saddens me that, after all I've been through and that we might be about to embark on what might be the most exciting spell ever, I'm thinking of chucking it all in. It's not City, it's just football.

They're struggling to sell them. That's why they've reduced League Cup prices by 25%. They've just about cooked the goose that laid the golden egg.

BpFR4IXIYAAzUDZ.jpg

No reduction for CL though. If they are in it next year the club will get CL revenue + the Adidas money.

Interesting point from Woodward that it's important not to price ordinary fans out of the game and not to make the ground too sterile noise wise

Great that Utd have noticed this, after 30 years of forcing up prices in general, to compete with their spending levels.
I've not kept up to date on their prices but City and United always had the cheapest 1st division tickets. I say what Woodward said was interesting because at least he has acknowledged the correlation between proper fans being able to afford match tickets and the noise genarated .

But surely there's 300,000 locked outside at every home game, market forces would dictate that they put the prices up?

I've not kept up to date on their prices but City and United always had the cheapest 1st division tickets. I say what Woodward said was interesting because at least he has acknowledged the correlation between proper fans being able to afford match tickets and the noise genarated .

It's fair enough to mention it now, but when all the money first came in, they chose to spend it, to gain an advantage over those who didn't have it. In fact they partly instigated the money coming in, & they started spending it before it even happened, & bought themselves a team, to cash in. Then they did the same with the Chempions League money & they also pushed up players' wages to levels most others couldn't afford.

Clubs like Leeds tried to follow, pushing up ticket prices & going bankrupt. Chelsea tried to follow & would have been bankrupt but for Abramovic. Arsenal pushed up their prices & moved from Highbury.

If Utd etc had decided to go for cheaper ticket prices & responsible spending, at the start, then ticket prices wouldn't be what they are now. But then Utd wouldn't be what they are now, either. It was deliberate, to destroy competition.

We all pay more, because of them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.