"Greed of 'big six' will kill our game"

It stinks it really does, but the other 14 have the power or are the other 6 clubs going to threaten them with a 6 team breakaway league and maybe offer Everton and a couple other teams as a sweetener an invite to it, could even ask Celtic rangers, make it a 14 team league means less games more money us fans lose out. That happens eventual they will have no relegation.

Wasn't it the big three or big two even we were hearing a few years back before the big TV money deals.

Leicester aside last year if there are 6 or 7 clubs who in a shout for the title and as many again for European places each year its a fairly balanced league as they go compared to others in Europe given the money available from TV rights.

Caps on salaries ( notwithstanding clubs budgets and wealth of ownership ) and player concessions like drafts that permeate American elite sports and in other countries appear to be a long way off in
football but while the gist of the article has some merit the reality is that the Premier League will continue to prosper and grow as new markets emerge overseas for the product through media rights etc and as new revenue streams emerge.

Good article in The Times today by Oliver Kay:

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/g...n?shareToken=aeec767b346a4e3107d5611210253bbd

Even though we're obviously one of the aforementioned six, I agree with the sentiment. If the overseas TV deal was renegotiated in favour of the bigger clubs it would be hugely detrimental to the Premier League as a competition.

But depressing to see we're included in it but I suppose what's choice is there? Not be part of the breakaway and fall behind? At the end of the day soriano is there to make us as much money as possible I suppose.

The hypocrisy of the premier league introducing something like this would be incredible though after preaching to the rest of europe how much more civilised and fair the equal distribution model is compared to Spain.

Good article in The Times today by Oliver Kay:

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/g...n?shareToken=aeec767b346a4e3107d5611210253bbd

Even though we're obviously one of the aforementioned six, I agree with the sentiment. If the overseas TV deal was renegotiated in favour of the bigger clubs it would be hugely detrimental to the Premier League as a competition.
Deep down I think we all know this to be the case but don't expect all those clubs to be benevolent to the others. The premier league and the greed that came with it pushed by the 'big 4' at the time didn't help.

Has this only just become apparent to them now?

This elitism started in 1992! Below is an extract of text from Wikipedia on the Premier League (apologies if any copyrights are infringed!):

"The competition formed as the FA Premier League on 20 February 1992 following the decision of clubs in the Football League First Division to break away from the Football League, which was founded in 1888, and take advantage of a lucrative television rights deal"

But depressing to see we're included in it but I suppose what's choice is there? Not be part of the breakaway and fall behind? At the end of the day soriano is there to make us as much money as possible I suppose.

The hypocrisy of the premier league introducing something like this would be incredible though after preaching to the rest of europe how much more civilised and fair the equal distribution model is compared to Spain.

It's far easier to be on a train pissing out of a window rather than being stood on a platform trying to piss in

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.