Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was talk that when all sides are extended they could add a skin outside, putting the spirals inside. For me the outside falls into the nothing wrong with it category, the ones like Bayern, as well as Spurs and Real new designs do look visually better...I think ours will be up there at some point but that is more finishing touches as opposed to work they are doing at the moment.

Fuck me, you must be the biggest smacked arse on here. They have built us a state of the art training ground and academy which is the envy of almost every team in the world. They have extended and improved our already decent stadium. They have bought us some of the best players in the world and for some blues, it meant they saw us win a trophy for the first time in their lives. Yet here you are, like a petulant child, moaning that they didn't knock down a perfectly good stadium to build us a new one.
When the money came in I hoped we wouldn't get as entitled as those ****s in Trafford. Looks like I was wrong. Put your bottom lip away and grow the fuck up.

it's the truth, you can deny it and live in your curry hating world, but the reality is there are many stadiums with modern design, better concourses, better redevelopments that don't leak and provide proper access/exit routes, and don't so out of place as our 3rd tier does.

The academy is irrelevant to discussions about stadium development & architecture. The stadium is dated, looks poor and looks silly with a poorly finished 3rd tier SS. It's just the reality, you can deny it all you want but teams like Spurs will have a purpose built, brand new stadium with development factored in and it will shit over ours, completely.

It's one of the few areas ADUG have counted pennies and it shows.

The comments were a discussion on the stadium itself, nothing more. SSL3 has looked more than poor since day one and I'm not afraid to voice my opinion. If you can't voice your opinion about a stadium on a stadium thread then the world is pretty silly, nothing to do with bottom lips.

it's the truth, you can deny it and live in your curry hating world, but the reality is there are many stadiums with modern design, better concourses, better redevelopments that don't leak and provide proper access/exit routes, and don't so out of place as our 3rd tier does.

The academy is irrelevant to discussions about stadium development & architecture. The stadium is dated, looks poor and looks silly with a poorly finished 3rd tier SS. It's just the reality, you can deny it all you want but teams like Spurs will have a purpose built, brand new stadium with development factored in and it will shit over ours, completely.

The comments were a discussion on the stadium itself, nothing more. SSL3 has looked more than poor since day one and I'm not afraid to voice my opinion. If you can't voice your opinion about a stadium on a stadium thread then the world is pretty silly, nothing to do with bottom lips.

Wrong, wrong, wrong. It has everything to do with bottom lips and being a spoil little twat. We have a fantastic stadium, its the envy of many a prem club. But spoilt little fuckers like you want it all. Who gives a fuck what Spurs are doing? Yes they will have a great stadium, but they still have the same owners. The same owners who see profit over glory every time. Having the best stadium only matters when you're trying to score points on the internet or in the pub. It's about as relevant as having the biggest floodlights.

"I wished we'd knocked the thing down but clearly stunning architecture is reserved for Abu Dhabi itself."

The bitterness, petulance, and downright entitlement that is oozing from your comment is absolute fucking poison. You have to be a new fan or a spoilt brat to even think that way.

Wrong, wrong, wrong. It has everything to do with bottom lips and being a spoil little twat. We have a fantastic stadium, its the envy of many a prem club. But spoilt little fuckers like you want it all. Who gives a fuck what Spurs are doing? Yes they will have a great stadium, but they still have the same owners. The same owners who see profit over glory every time. Having the best stadium only matters when you're trying to score points on the internet or in the pub. It's about as relevant as having the biggest floodlights.

"I wished we'd knocked the thing down but clearly stunning architecture is reserved for Abu Dhabi itself."

The bitterness, petulance, and downright entitlement that is oozing from your comment is absolute fucking poison. You have to be a new fan or a spoilt brat to even think that way.

Exactly, that quote says it all about his attitude. All thing considered we have the best club in the land if not the world. To shit on our owners because our stadium is not brand new despite ALL they've done for our club suggests he's doesn't appreciate where we've come from. Like you say, newbie or spoilt brat.

I'm sat here shaking my head remembering the new Platt Lane and the cladding on the Main Stand!

No-one has said it's perfect but it is perfectly OK. Of course brand new designs might look better since they are not 20 years old and are not hampered by what already exists.

But your snide comment about Abu Dhabi reserving decent architecture for itself was completely out of order, as was the whole tone of your post. And the one above.

You sound like a spoilt child who's been given a new toy for Christmas and who doesn't have the decency to be grateful and just moans about it being wrong in some way. I'd give my kids a slap If they behaved like that.

Correct again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.