Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
no I won't, because unlike you I have the intellectual fortitude to rise above such 9 year olds insults to correct and valid points. I'll be at Monaco with my seasoncard. Ta.

You are wrong on so many levels. You know nothing about my age or intellectual fortitude but your comments say a lot about yours. BTW - many of us have had season tickets for decades & we're in the cup schemes but we don't use that as proof we know what we're talking about.

it's the truth, you can deny it and live in your curry hating world, but the reality is there are many stadiums with modern design, better concourses, better redevelopments that don't leak and provide proper access/exit routes, and don't so out of place as our 3rd tier does.

The academy is irrelevant to discussions about stadium development & architecture. The stadium is dated, looks poor and looks silly with a poorly finished 3rd tier SS. It's just the reality, you can deny it all you want but teams like Spurs will have a purpose built, brand new stadium with development factored in and it will shit over ours, completely.

It's one of the few areas ADUG have counted pennies and it shows.

The comments were a discussion on the stadium itself, nothing more. SSL3 has looked more than poor since day one and I'm not afraid to voice my opinion. If you can't voice your opinion about a stadium on a stadium thread then the world is pretty silly, nothing to do with bottom lips.

Every new stadium SHOULD be an improvement on existing stadia but that doesn't mean the existing ones are poor. Your argument is so flawed.

Oh well.

At least it's better than Old Trafford isn't it?
it's the truth, you can deny it and live in your curry hating world, but the reality is there are many stadiums with modern design, better concourses, better redevelopments that don't leak and provide proper access/exit routes, and don't so out of place as our 3rd tier does.

The academy is irrelevant to discussions about stadium development & architecture. The stadium is dated, looks poor and looks silly with a poorly finished 3rd tier SS. It's just the reality, you can deny it all you want but teams like Spurs will have a purpose built, brand new stadium with development factored in and it will shit over ours, completely.

It's one of the few areas ADUG have counted pennies and it shows.

The comments were a discussion on the stadium itself, nothing more. SSL3 has looked more than poor since day one and I'm not afraid to voice my opinion. If you can't voice your opinion about a stadium on a stadium thread then the world is pretty silly, nothing to do with bottom lips.

You're not allowed to have a different opinion on here MJL..... & then have the temerrity to defend it.

If you do hold to the strength of your opinion some of the key board cowards on here will run like chickens to the mods &,along with the bandwagon jumpers,get you banned or the thread pulled.

I thought we were all in this together & that City fans could hold radically different opinions without getting personal,petty or resort to gang mentality.
It should be remembered that we're Blues not rags !!

Btw....I don't wholly agree with you.

No-one has said it's perfect but it is perfectly OK. Of course brand new designs might look better since they are not 20 years old and are not hampered by what already exists.

But your snide comment about Abu Dhabi reserving decent architecture for itself was completely out of order, as was the whole tone of your post. And the one above.

You sound like a spoilt child who's been given a new toy for Christmas and who doesn't have the decency to be grateful and just moans about it being wrong in some way. I'd give my kids a slap If they behaved like that.

Actually - he sounds like a jealous rag who doesn't know how our season cards and cup schemes work - and who recognises how the swamp is being outshone by new stadia including ours. If he is a City fan then I don't understand why he is poking fun at Abu Dhabi & our owners

The stadium was never particularly well finished when it was new. The concrete stanchions looked dirty and drab from the beginning. All this will be addressed after the North Stand is extended. And once the collar site is completed it will blend in perfectly. Patience is needed not a new stadium.

You are wrong on so many levels. You know nothing about my age or intellectual fortitude but your comments say a lot about yours. BTW - many of us have had season tickets for decades & we're in the cup schemes but we don't use that as proof we know what we're talking about.

I haven't gone round accusing you of being a rag because you like SSL3, though, that's the difference.

Actually - he sounds like a jealous rag who doesn't know how our season cards and cup schemes work - and who recognises how the swamp is being outshone by new stadia including ours. If he is a City fan then I don't understand why he is poking fun at Abu Dhabi & our owners

It's not poking fun, I don't like the way the stadium is designed or looks, and think other teams have better stadiums. It's a valid opinion, but mature intelligent people would just disagree rather than look like idiots by trying to frame someone as a rag to try and discredit the fact they don't like the stadium design.

The stadium was never particularly well finished when it was new. The concrete stanchions looked dirty and drab from the beginning. All this will be addressed after the North Stand is extended. And once the collar site is completed it will blend in perfectly. Patience is needed not a new stadium.

This is correct. The original stadium was a nice design but built on the cheap - poor finish. The third tier extension is a bit of a compromise structure - they did a good job in the circumstances. The whole project was rushed and poorly finished. I do think we need to be patient - the long term plan for the stadium is a good one and ultimately I think it will be up there with the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.