Geronimo Rulli

Only seen a few of his games but seems to range from extremes, seen some shockers, and some top quality performances against Barca/Madrid.

He's also attempted more passes than any other keeper in La Liga this season & has a pass percentage of 72% - for what thats worth.

If Caballero is out of contract next season (?) & we need another keeper, it seems to make sense to get him back for a reasonable fee & have him/Bravo as the two keepers; imagine none of the youth keepers will want to play second fiddle with no game time.

I think this deal was genius and we should make similar ones in the future. Its a win-win for everyone. If we don't buy him back, Real Sociedad get a starting keeper for a low price and we get a sizable profit for not doing anything. If we buy him back, Real Sociedad get money for his development, and we get a first team keeper with La Liga experience for very cheap.

These type of deals make sense from all sides. Works much better than a loan because both sides have a financial stake in the player.

With Sociedad climbing the table in La Liga, I honestly wouldn't mind seeing us extend Willy another year or make Gunn the no. 2 while Rulli gets time in La Liga and European footy (if they keep it up)

I know Bravo hasn't been very good but I don't see Pep binning him after one season. Plus we still have the cheap buy back in 2018.

Rulli seems worth a gamble.
We don't need gambles now. Only the highest quality in such a key position as GK is acceptable. If another Buffon or a Neuer becomes available then that's where we should be spending the money, not taking any more chances on players who might or might not be up to the job.

We don't need gambles now. Only the highest quality in such a key position as GK is acceptable. If another Buffon or a Neuer becomes available then that's where we should be spending the money, not taking any more chances on players who might or might not be up to the job.

Ideally we should give Rulli another season at Real Sociedad and see what happens when playing in the Champions League. But if we signed him in the summer he seems a keeper more in tune to what Pep expects and seems mentally strong to go far. Another plus he playing for a side that is pushing for a Champions League spot in one of the strongest league's in Europe. Ederson is another alternative but would be more costly as he signed a new deal at Benfica.

With Sociedad climbing the table in La Liga, I honestly wouldn't mind seeing us extend Willy another year or make Gunn the no. 2 while Rulli gets time in La Liga and European footy (if they keep it up)

I know Bravo hasn't been very good but I don't see Pep binning him after one season. Plus we still have the cheap buy back in 2018.
I always thought the plan was to have Gunn as no 2 next season regardless of who the no 1 was, that's why I'm surprised he hasn't been given a run in the cups.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.