Lee Dixon nbc comentary twitter becomes outraged

Context is key and shame on those looking to demonize him for this reference. Only if you purposefully go out of your way to misinterpret the tone does it sound bad. I have Family guy on right now and have laughed at about 5 stereotypes and it's only 8min into the cartoon. Some people seem to willfully ignore common sense when it suits their own agenda. I assume as it was NBC it is angry Americans desperate to seem liberal by demanding his head on a pike by dawn?

Also, even if it was serious, surely it falls under stereotyping rather than racism. The word racism is an ugly one that implies dixon dislkes the guy for being asian, raher than it just being the shit, harmless joke it was.

The fact the chap was of Eastern asian origin was probably incidental. He probably thought right after 'hmm that may look dodgy in retrospect'. Even if not he seems a decent chap all in all and probably just stuck with late 80's humour a bit since that was his day. I doubt he will speak before thinking again anyway if social media have given him 5 lashes.

Also, even if it was serious, surely it falls under stereotyping rather than racism. The word racism is an ugly one that implies dixon dislkes the guy for being asian, raher than it just being the shit, harmless joke it was.
I would imagine those crying racism base it on karate being Japanese where Son is Korean i.e. all people from that area are indistinguishable from each other. I think it's being blown out of proportion btw. Last year me and the missus bought a bottle of Tsingtao from Tesco and the checkout guy asked my missus what Tsingtao meant. I said she doesn't know as she's Thai and not Chinese. I didn't see this as racism but I just thought he was a bit of a knob.

Ffs
Has the world completely lost its sense of humour??
Not racist in my view. No more racist than that Dolmio advert is to Italians.
Some people need to get a fucking grip!!

I would imagine those crying racism base it on karate being Japanese where Son is Korean i.e. all people from that area are indistinguishable from each other. I think it's being blown out of proportion btw. Last year me and the missus bought a bottle of Tsingtao from Tesco and the checkout guy asked my missus what Tsingtao meant. I said she doesn't know as she's Thai and not Chinese. I didn't see this as racism but I just thought he was a bit of a knob.
Qingdao ([tɕʰíŋtàu̯]; Chinese: 青岛 ; also spelled Tsingtao) is a city in eastern Shandong Province on the east coast of China. It is the largest city in its province.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.