Paul Merson

I find him harmless. Catches a passing thought and puts it out there. No one takes him seriously and can be good entertainment. No agenda with him other than his own short comings. Charlie Nickle Ass on the other hand...

I find him harmless. Catches a passing thought and puts it out there. No one takes him seriously and can be good entertainment. No agenda with him other than his own short comings. Charlie Nickle Ass on the other hand...

He is harmless, what I take offence too – and it's not just him, but most pundits – is that they steal a living! Listening to his pearls of wisdom, most on here would offer more insight and put it across with more eloquence than that thick cnut... yet he gets thousands for it... fucking disgusting if you ask me! I couldn't give a flying fuck who any of these so-called pundits played for – it's irrelevant to me, I want somebody with insightful knowledge, not somebody whose as much use as the drunk nobhead down the local!

People need to understand that Soccer Saturday and the like are entertainment programmes rather than serious football programmes - when you start to think of it like that, it all becomes clear. I've not watched it in years, and I cannot imagine that I have missed anything particularly insightful in that time. That is a pretty damming indictment on the programme

^^^indeed, dumbed down for the fee paying armchair masses.

Sadly the chance to produce a decent program would be Sunday Supplement but we all know the direction that's gone.

Unfortunately there has to be debate on these programs to have a group all agreeing that Jesus is the second coming would do nothing for viewing or listening figures listen to talk sport (I know) and the presenters take opposing views on every subject do you really think they don't agree on anything or maybe they want you to dial that premium rate number. Just a thought

The saddest part is that this is the main place people get their football opinions from in this country, morons like Merson, Savage et al on the TV, radio and in the papers. then they wonder why English managers are shit, possibly it's because the level of debate about football in this country is so very low. People say "oh it's only entertainment, you're not supposed to take him seriously", fine, where is the program where people who actually have a clue discuss football properly then? There are some decent podcasts and websites that actually try and analyse the game properly, but it's completely absent from the mainstream soap opera media and it's surely to the detriment of the national game

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.