Dele Alli

Silva and De Bruyne are amongst the best chance creators in the world and they're a big reason as to why we're doing that bit successfully. We'd either have to remove one of them or change our entire system to accommodate him. Doesn't seem too logical.

i don't see him as a direct replacement for either, to ignore a player of that quality and potential is mad in my opinion and don't forget his age 10 years younger than silva

Like that fantastic Lampard and Gerrard problem England had that crippled a golden generation with it's failed attempts to get them in the same team? I don't think it's a good problem to have at all, especially one to force on yourself by buying a player you have no room for, that's shocking planning.

if he is better than what we already have, then its a debate to be had

We still have Gundogan to come back.

Alli is a great talent but there is no reason for him to come to us, he's just not needed

Silva I think they're saying but he isn't even close to him either from what I have seen.
Silva is sort of being forced to play in a deeper role anyway to accommodate him and De Bruyne in the same team, which is leaving us not ideally balanced (although he's doing a great job of it so far, but might look a bit fragile against better teams) and that is a role that Alli is even less suited to than Silva. Dele Alli couldn't play that role, nor would you want him to. If you had a midfield with him and De Bruyne in it, you'd be forcing De Bruyne to play further back and try and link between the deep midfielder and the attack, which is wasting his best attributes as well.

It just doesn't make sense. Surely instead you go for another Gundogan/Xavi type of player, along with a deep lying playmaker to replace Yaya

Silva is sort of being forced to play in a deeper role anyway to accommodate him and De Bruyne in the same team, which is leaving us not ideally balanced (although he's doing a great job of it so far, but might look a bit fragile against better teams) and that is a role that Alli is even less suited to than Silva. Dele Alli couldn't play that role, nor would you want him to. If you had a midfield with him and De Bruyne in it, you'd be forcing De Bruyne to play further back and try and link between the deep midfielder and the attack, which is wasting his best attributes as well.

It just doesn't make sense. Surely instead you go for another Gundogan/Xavi type of player, along with a deep lying playmaker to replace Yaya

Yeah Silva has been one of our best players this season for me.

I think if we could get Weigl or Verrati to complement Gundogan, Ferna,Yaya and A Garcia we should be set.

Defense is where we need the real work doing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.