So why suddenly do they talk about Aguero leaving?

I think it's a huge positive that Aguero wants to stay & City want to keep him.

If it doesn't work out he'll go. But that in itself would be a positive, as we wouldn't have to persist with something which isn't working & Aguero wouldn't be scratching his arse on the bench.

They are going to try & make it work, between them, which is good enough for me. They are all behaving like adults about it & trying to get on with the job.

Given that Hart wasn't afforded that opportunity, you can hardly blame him, and particularly given that he has noticeably upped his work rate this season to try and adapt. Selling Kun sits very uncomfortably with me both on and off the pitch, but if I was a gambling man I'd put money on him being gone come June

Honestly i'm easy. If he stays that's amazing, but equally if he goes I'd back that decision too. I've thought for a couple of years now that that 11/12 team needs ripping up entirely for us to progress. Sometimes a change is as good as a rest and I think for us right now you can see the difference between what Raz, KDB, Jesus, bring as opposed to the players who predate them.

That's not really a comment on Kun's ability. He's probably the most naturally gifted striker in the premier league. But he's also built a career on what he does naturally. If Pep's asking him to play in a way which doesn't come naturally to him, IMO he won't excel which makes him pointless to a greater or lesser extent.

The Barcelona match which people talk about as being the perfect Pep performance was a one off. He hasn't really come close to putting in performances like that on a regular basis. Jesus is 2/2 and he's been in the side for five minutes.

Seems to me to have all the hallmarks of a managed exit..... public statements and private briefings .....
Pep wants him gone.

Pep will never "get rid" of Aguero. No manager would get rid of Aguero, even if they have him starting off the bench more often than not. Aguero may, however, want to leave and that's what is ultimately being speculated on.

Also, I think it would be preferable for all if we kept the "pushing out Hart" historical revisionism to it's respective thread.

Dress it up however you like, but by putting him on the bench and dropping him (if he continues to) he will push Aguero out.

Reflecting on this season so far it now does now look beyond reasonable doubt that Kun, Yaya, Vincent and Joe were not in Pep's 2nd season's plans

The frustrating part of a lot of these arguements on here ( unless ive missed them) is that very few people are talking about the possibility of jesus and kun playing together in the same team. Kun has worked really hard at adapting his game even though it doesnt necessarily suit him but with jesus being so adaptable the two can clearly play together ....pep has said this also. It would be great to see it tried for more than tge 10 mins or so we have seen it so fa4 before any judgements are made.

For me we need to keep sergio till the end of next season....it will benefit the younger lads and kun and therefore the team. (If he is will8ng of course but that also comes down to how pep manages the situation)

If we sell him who replaces him? Pep has already himself said that its very difficult to find quality strikers....

Jesus looks the part...but lets see after a full season if he still does (look at what hapoened to martial at the rags...he ripped up the prem in his first few months....now he is looking very average). Same with Sane....

Sterling is the weakest of all in terms of goal scoring ( he has really upped his game in other areas as well however)

If Pep manages the situation well and if kun is open to it then no reason to sell kun......there is noone to replace him ( that we can realistically get) at present anyway for lots of reasons as alluded to by numerous posters....i wouldnt advocate selling him unti we knew there was someone to replace him as relying on the two young lads ( i dont include sterling in this as he aint a goal scorer) is a very risky thing to do

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.