Is the defence more composed with Willy?

I am sorry I have tried to like Bravo, to have faith in him but in my opinion he has been an unmitigated disaster and unless he gets back in and has a huge upturn in form, he will go down as one of the worst keepers we have ever had.
People were saying similar about Caballero for most of the last 2 seasons on here, in fact it seemed like 90% of the board wanted Pellegrini sacked immediately after the League Cup final this year for playing him ahead of Hart (despite Caballero playing in every round prior). Bravo has shown pre-City he's an excellent keeper, give him time.

People were saying similar about Caballero for most of the last 2 seasons on here, in fact it seemed like 90% of the board wanted Pellegrini sacked immediately after the League Cup final this year for playing him ahead of Hart (despite Caballero playing in every round prior). Bravo has shown pre-City he's an excellent keeper, give him time.

Yes I know and in fairness Hart was a much better keeper and Caballero's heroics in the final against Liverpool didn't change that or the fact he made some high profile errors either. Bravo is 33 and even though keepers have a longer shelf life he hasn't got time on his hands. The chopping and changing of the defence and the system hasn't helped him, but I have never seen a keeper where every shot and header seems to go through him and end up in the net since Margetson was in our goals.

Yes I know and in fairness Hart was a much better keeper and Caballero's heroics in the final against Liverpool didn't change that or the fact he made some high profile errors either. Bravo is 33 and even though keepers have a longer shelf life he hasn't got time on his hands. The chopping and changing of the defence and the system hasn't helped him, but I have never seen a keeper where every shot and header seems to go through him and end up in the net since Margetson was in our goals.
Everyone says that it takes time for a keeper to adjust to the premier league though and it did with him, tbh I'd say at this stage his confidence is bloody shot whereas Willy's is probably at an all time high as it's the first time everyone has been happy to see him starting in games.

Everyone says that it takes time for a keeper to adjust to the premier league though and it did with him, tbh I'd say at this stage his confidence is bloody shot whereas Willy's is probably at an all time high as it's the first time everyone has been happy to see him starting in games.

Willy is the lesser of two evils and has grabbed his chance when it came. Hart for me is still better than both but it appears his time here is done for whatever reasons. I don;t know why Gunn hasn't been given a run at some point, you look at Pickford at Sunderland and if you are good enough you are old enough.

Willy is the lesser of two evils and has grabbed his chance when it came. Hart for me is still better than both but it appears his time here is done for whatever reasons. I don;t know why Gunn hasn't been given a run at some point, you look at Pickford at Sunderland and if you are good enough you are old enough.
Yeah was saying in another thread that I'd expect Gunn to be given the no.2 spot next season so I can't understand why he didn't get any game time in either cup.

No. With Pep it is not about a single player. The defense looks good because the front five look good. The defense starts with the striker. If he presses properly (something that has just started happening in the last month) that allows the mids to press more effectively, cutting off the counter attacks.

Without the counter attacks you don't see the one on ones or the point blank shots that everyone on here blames Bravo for.

The back are more confident because the attackers are scoring more of their chances... Though last game I saw hints it is still a little like that.

But Pep said it himself, the defence does need tweaking but they are good enough to challenege for the title.... The only people who dont think so are the media and strangely enough our own fans.

Attackers not scoring will always put the defence under pressure.

No. With Pep it is not about a single player. The defense looks good because the front five look good. The defense starts with the striker. If he presses properly (something that has just started happening in the last month) that allows the mids to press more effectively, cutting off the counter attacks.

Without the counter attacks you don't see the one on ones or the point blank shots that everyone on here blames Bravo for.
Willy has made more good saves in a short time than bravo has so far this season,willy is a shot stopper

I never rated Joe so I'm happy for Big Willy to be our first team keeper at the moment.
However in the long run IMO we need a new number 1 between the posts, there are many top quality keepers out there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.