Is the defence more composed with Willy?

No it doesn't. The goals against column says we have conceded fewer goals in the last 4 games.

Yes since Willy was in goal. If you want to wait until he has played the same number of games as Bravo then it kind of negates your original point doesn't it?

No. With Pep it is not about a single player. The defense looks good because the front five look good. The defense starts with the striker. If he presses properly (something that has just started happening in the last month) that allows the mids to press more effectively, cutting off the counter attacks.

Without the counter attacks you don't see the one on ones or the point blank shots that everyone on here blames Bravo for.
Absolutely. Pep said the same himself in one of his press conferences... Says we must score first and more than 1 goal, only then can the defence stop feeling the pressure.

And I have seen it the other way around, Chelsea defence were atrocious against us when we pressed them at ours, absolutely flapping..... Now they are the greatest defence in the league apparently! Nah, they just have the knack of scoring their chances, something we have lacked lately.

Lads, it's no coincidence our improvement came with Yaya coming back into contention, not just the keeper switch.

I agree Bravo needed to be benched and Willy has been a model pro with us(and played a masterclass in Pep keeping v Bournemouth) but the goals we were conceding were in games where our midfield was being gashed on the counter. Yaya coming back in has seen Silva and Kev play a lot deeper and it's giving Sane and Sterling room to actually get at defenders, where beforehand Silva and Kev were too advanced and it congested the field.

So yes, Willy is doing great, but it's actually Yaya is the reason for our upturn.

He is doing a better job than bravo but you seem to not be admitting it,why?

Sigh.

Here is what I already wrote. You clearly don't understand my position. That is your problem not mine.

No. With Pep it is not about a single player. The defense looks good because the front five look good. The defense starts with the striker. If he presses properly (something that has just started happening in the last month) that allows the mids to press more effectively, cutting off the counter attacks.

Without the counter attacks you don't see the one on ones or the point blank shots that everyone on here blames Bravo for.

Sigh.

Here is what I already wrote. You clearly don't understand my position. That is your problem not mine.

We are still letting through shots on goal which willy is saving so the defence is better as he is a big part of it too

See above.

I have seen your post and you have a point, but I still think Willy is a better keeper than Bravo and the defence is more composed with him in net. Also as Karen has said Willy is pulling off vital saves at key times which Bravo never looked like doing. As he is part of that defence then it looks more secure and composed with him in net.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.