City overtake united and liverpool in U.S. TV viewers

Don't think I believe this, the other week watched 8 minutes of City only to have the feed change to the Utd / Hull game

Being an american this kind of surprised me. I have been seeing more city jerseys in recent years but have still always thought arsenal, chelsea, liverpool, and especially united fans outnumbered us here. I guess City is more popular here than I thought.

Me too. The kids at my kids' school still break out -- roughly in order -- the Barca, RM, Utd (saw a Pogba one just today, ugh), Arsenal and Chelsea jerseys more than any others. One kid is Turkish and wears his Galatasaray kit everywhere. My 10-year old girl wears her City top but only one other kid has one that I know of.

Footy jerseys taken on the whole are more popular that Warriors or Giants jerseys.

(Hesitate to mention this, but my 12 year-old boy -- maverick that he is -- has loved Palace since he was very small and has stuck with them. He sports the yellow away kit at school. I rib him about his "betrayal" but secretly I'm proud he's struck out on his own, didn't bandwagon onto a winner, and knows their players. Plus I have a soft spot for them anyway.)

getimage.aspx
Hardcore shag ;)

Don't think I believe this, the other week watched 8 minutes of City only to have the feed change to the Utd / Hull game
Sometimes they do this before and after games on MSNBC, especially if there is a 15 min difference in start times. City were probably on another channel thereafter. On my TV (UVerse cable package) there are all the "secondary games" on channels listed as ALT1, ALT2...ALT8. Haven't ever known a City league game NOT be in TV, although I occasionally have to watch them on my iPad, due to hotel telly's not having NBCSN!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.