Recommendations Family Holidays??

Insotel Punta Prima in Menorca. Great food, the island makes its own excellent gin (xoriguer is the brand name), small island easy to get around and loads of beaches. Very kid friendly and feels safe. Insotel put on shows each night, can be a bit hit and miss, they have 3 pools, but its on a hill so not great for anyone with mobility issues.

Cheers glad you mentioned Playa Blanca. We stayed at the Barcelo in Costa Teguise last year and enjoyed it.

Rubicon Palace is on our list (my mate took his kid there the other year and recommended it), I have seen one called Elba Lanzarote Village in Playa Blanca as well but my misses doesn't like the sound of Playa Blanca (her mates said its too quiet) Hard to please my misses.

As long as there is a couple of bars and restaurants and shops for the misses I don't see what the problem is.

Cheers for recommendation
Teguise also has Arthur's bar a better City pub abroad than anywhere else.

pontin.jpg

200px-Pontin%27s_logo.svg.png
Book early !

Last edited:
Cheers glad you mentioned Playa Blanca. We stayed at the Barcelo in Costa Teguise last year and enjoyed it.

Rubicon Palace is on our list (my mate took his kid there the other year and recommended it), I have seen one called Elba Lanzarote Village in Playa Blanca as well but my misses doesn't like the sound of Playa Blanca (her mates said its too quiet) Hard to please my misses.

As long as there is a couple of bars and restaurants and shops for the misses I don't see what the problem is.

Cheers for recommendation

Enough there bar wise and most restaurants face the sea so nice place to eat out. There is a Marina with more bars and restaurants and a market around the Marina twice a week. As long as you don't want to be out til 4am and have Karaoke then it will be busy enough. Canaries are heavily booked this year due to the problems elsewhere. Miles better then Costa Teguise for me and less windy. Can get the boat over to a fuerteventura if you fancy a change.

Iberostar Lanzarote Park has just reopened too after a major refurb and is in a great spot. Walking distance to everything.

Enough there bar wise and most restaurants face the sea so nice place to eat out. There is a Marina with more bars and restaurants and a market around the Marina twice a week. As long as you don't want to be out til 4am and have Karaoke then it will be busy enough. Canaries are heavily booked this year due to the problems elsewhere. Miles better then Costa Teguise for me and less windy. Can get the boat over to a fuerteventura if you fancy a change.

Iberostar Lanzarote Park has just reopened too after a major refurb and is in a great spot. Walking distance to everything.
We looked at Iberostar as well. We have opted for the Rubican one £4500 2 weeks All inclusive with 2 kids end of July. Never realised how expensive it is without free child place. Looking forward to it though. A few people we know recommended it and seeing your comment as well made up our minds.

Cheers

Derr of course it is ...... Sun does bad things to my sense of direction, I did travel from teguise there for a game though, that's my excuse.
Haha, just looked bk at the thread I started in Nov, I was in teguise for Palace game, you did mention Arthur's on it :)
Be back there 11 weeks on Fri so may well have a bus ride to Arthur's, 2 city games on whilst I'm away

Haha, just looked bk at the thread I started in Nov, I was in teguise for Palace game, you did mention Arthur's on it :)
Be back there 11 weeks on Fri so may well have a bus ride to Arthur's, 2 city games on whilst I'm away
Stayed in Carmen a couple of times but the Teguise stay was when we beat Stoke away a couple if years ago, Mrs Moon was unimpressed we had to wait forever for a bus that only went halfway back then get a taxi, all caused by me needing a celebration pee, managed to miss the bus we needed by 20 yards.

Have a great time I'm off to our regular haunt in Rhodes after the Leicester game for a couple of weeks so may miss a cup win and a bloody derby....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.