The ''How The Hell Did We Lose That Game'' thread (26 years ago today..)

Lots of lunges/tackles with no response from the player tackled. I miss that in the modern game more than anything else, I think.

actually i do think a lot of 2 footed lunges were dangerous and perhaps the clamp down on them is probably beneficial overall for the game, but the player reaction (or lack of!) is something i really miss from football. Diving is probably as old as the game, i'm not daft, but the dramatics of player reactions have probably grown in tandem with the amount of money involved

actually i do think a lot of 2 footed lunges were dangerous and perhaps the clamp down on them is probably beneficial overall for the game, but the player reaction (or lack of!) is something i really miss from football. Diving is probably as old as the game, i'm not daft, but the dramatics of player reactions have probably grown in tandem with the amount of money involved
Exactly this and I'm not in favour of players kicking each other either. The challenge from Clive Allen on the keeper in the Notts County game would probably have resulted in at least a yellow, probably 5/6 opposition players haranguing the referee and the keeper having 5 minutes 'treatment'. It would have taken up 10 minutes on MOTD and been on Sky sports news for a week!

Was that the game where the top of the bar, in a pub near the ground, collapsed from fans hanging off it? I'm sure someone on here remembers it.

There is one game that left me absolutely flummoxed.

A 1-0 defeat to Bolton at the Etihad. We hit the bar about three times and dominated until that clown Dunne cost us a penalty or own goal, can't remember which.

That's an absolute classic. 04/05 we hit the woodwork 5 TIMES!

Gary Speed scored a penalty in the 90th minute.

There is one game that left me absolutely flummoxed.

A 1-0 defeat to Bolton at the Etihad. We hit the bar about three times and dominated until that clown Dunne cost us a penalty or own goal, can't remember which.

Posted a clip of that on twitter.

Boggles the mind.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.