City overtake united and liverpool in U.S. TV viewers

Just my own opinion, Liverpool and Man U have established stateside supporters that have come about through the same old ways.... "I'm a Liverpool fan cause my grandfather took a dump there 100 years ago....blah blah fucking blah." Unless your winning trophies or are in the CL consistently, you aren't going to reach a new demographic. City are something new and fresh and English. A club with a unique history yet a change from the same old same old.... That couldn't be more marketable to Americans if you found an unpublished Jane Austin crap novel and adapted it into a film starring the Downton Abbey Cast.

Last edited:
Why is Chelsea more popular then us then they have only 4 years head start on us .

People like their badge

And it's more like 12 years to be fair, Chelsea had a big presence from the mid 90s onwards when we were pissing about playing York, Stoke etc in league 1 having the piss taken out of us by shit teams.

The yanks associate with teams with no/limited "Istree" maybe ,but seriously last summer walking my dog i saw two kids in our home/away shirts kicking a ball around at the local park and on my way home saw a middle aged guy in the home shirt mowing his grass ,,,, in the suburban Philadelphia (twilight zone)...

Watch the last 40 seconds of this God awful video my bird showed me.
We are getting more popular stateside.

Not just that. Notice the slides they use in the Background, "Welcome to GREAT Britain" and the same logo used with the City goodies the lad is handed at the end. That's a very high profile British government campaign to promote tourism, trade and investment ....

Not to be sniffed at that, it means City is well connected with this high profile promotion, which is being heavily pushed by commercial sections of British Embassies and Consulates worldwide, together with British Councils overseas and British overseas Chambers of Commerce.

http://www.greatbritaincampaign.com/#!/about

https://www.visitbritain.org/great-britain-campaign-0

Chances are City won't be paying a penny for this lads trip, the British tax payer will.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.