Arsenal 2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crisis time for Arsenal. Looks a lot like Wenger is a lame duck and some of those players will mail it in for the rest of the season. They could really drop off if they're not careful. Plus as a club they will most probably have the same reaction as the rags did when Wenger goes.

Simeone i find a strange appointment for the Arsenal board. they don't like things going bump in their night and he might do stuff like demand cash for players.

What will be telling for the future is the type of manager they do get. Are they willing to make their own seat less comfortable by getting stuck in and hiring a manager with passion for the game, not the boards bank balance. If not they are really screwed as it will be a yes man and more of the same.

Part of me felt slightly sorry for him last night, he has gone on possibly five years too long. Having said that he has been one of the most bitter and spiteful wankers towards our club since the takeover so fuck him and their self entitles fans!!

His positives are he revolutionised the PL with his coaching and nutrition methods. He then stagnated as a coach and became more added with the financial side over the trophy winning side. He does enough to hit their targets off the pitch and that's who'll follow him. Like GPC I bet he chooses his own Moyes like successor.

You've missed my point. You said:

Their owners will go for a ranieri type boss who'll do as he's told and hit their financial targets over any pitch success.

My point is that you've just described Arsene Wenger for the last decade.

Simeone i find a strange appointment for the Arsenal board. they don't like things going bump in their night and he might do stuff like demand cash for players.

What will be telling for the future is the type of manager they do get. Are they willing to make their own seat less comfortable by getting stuck in and hiring a manager with passion for the game, not the boards bank balance. If not they are really screwed as it will be a yes man and more of the same.

Simeone doesn't speak a word of English, and he's got his heart set on Inter, another of his former clubs. I have absolutely no idea why anyone would link him to the Arsenal job because there isn't a worse fit for manager and club in world football.

Part of me felt slightly sorry for him last night, he has gone on possibly five years too long. Having said that he has been one of the most bitter and spiteful wankers towards our club since the takeover so fuck him and their self entitles fans!!

I don't feel sorry for him, he's doing a shit job.

He's got a decent squad, but coaches them badly.

Simeone doesn't speak a word of English, and he's got his heart set on Inter, another of his former clubs. I have absolutely no idea why anyone would link him to the Arsenal job because there isn't a worse fit for manager and club in world football.

I agree hehe, can you imagine them in their super plush board room and the gentle clink of fine crystal champagne glasses when a hitman looking mean bastard boots the door in and spits out what sound like very threatening demands before storming of with his half drank bottle of jd :-D
They would call the fucking police more likely rather than give him cash, they would need at least 500k's worth of the finest therapy money can buy.

I am convinced they feel protected in their lofty position to the point they can almost totally ignore the fans as long as they keep those 4th places coming in. Wenger is the boards protection so it will be interesting seeing them have to come out their room and deal with stuff.

Better for the league if he remains in charge. They'll make top 4 and call it a victory of some kind. Managers like Guardiola, Jose, Conte, Klopp and even Ponch want to win a title, Wenger thinks financial stability and 4th place is good. After making regular 40m purchases for 5 seasons running you'd think Arsenal woukd have pushed on by now

Better for the league if he remains in charge. They'll make top 4 and call it a victory of some kind. Managers like Guardiola, Jose, Conte, Klopp and even Ponch want to win a title, Wenger thinks financial stability and 4th place is good. After making regular 40m purchases for 5 seasons running you'd think Arsenal would have pushed on by now

Their issue is it has only happened with Sanchez and Ozil, and then they needed them at the same time. That club has such an apathy you can taste it. Investment has been to little or misplaced i.e. Wellbeck. Sanchez and to an extent that Santi fella are their only real players with fight in them, even Ozil is very fair weather. Anyone with real desire will get frustrated and it seems Sanchez is.

The drip feed of players in has also enabled them to be absorbed into the apathetic blob that is arsenal. Had 4-5 top end players come in at once it may have smashed that mentality. Two really good players in 5-6 years sees them exactly where they should be i think, the table rarely lies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.