Glass tunnel to changing rooms

The club seem to be quite a way away from the mission statement they put out just after the takeover.

Comments like aware of history, value fans etc seem a bit like hot air now.

a utd mate at work who ive known since we were kids (40 yrs) reminded me tonight how i used to take the piss about their endless efforts to extract every penny poss from the working class fan, plastics a plenty spending a fortune in the club shop, we've gone one step further & i never thought to my dying day id say this but we've become worse than that trafford lot in choosing money over loyalty,it makes me fucking sick the way we're becoming, its still my city & it always will be but we're not the city i fell in love with

Last edited:
Aguero - piranha
Silva - octopus
Yaya - great white
Alan - manta ray

a utd mate at work who ive known since we were kids (40 yrs) reminded me tonight how i used to take the piss about their endless efforts to extract every penny poss from the working class fan, plastics a plenty spending a fortune in the club shop, we've gone one step further & i never thought to my dying day id say this but we've become worse than that trafford lot in choosing money over loyalty,it makes me fucking sick the way we're becoming, its still my city & it always will be but we're not the city i fell in love with

Yes the Club is focussed on increasing income but do you seriously think we are worse than the rags. Have we turfed the families of the Munich Air Disaster out of their homes yet?

Even now the rags are turfing people out of cheap seats (rather than make room in the new Stand extension they are planning) to comply with the number of disabled seats they need.

The owners will not pay our bills for ever! The money now has to be earned. Do some fans want us to go back to the 80s & 90s and have another Peter Swales running the club like a corner shop. I had to miss lots of games until I qualified for concession prices.

I don't agree with the view that the club don't care about the fans. I'm watching the best football ever, after 40 years supporting the Blues, and I'm watching each game for less than £16!

I spend what I chose at City and I'm as proud to be a Blue now as much as ever.

And City are quite definitely not the club I fell in love with, Peter Swales is not in charge and no one is in the process of turning a proud, successful club into a public laughing stock. Thank God.

FFFP imo is what has turned all top level clubs to "money first fans second". Now they need to gather every penny together in order to spend it later. It used to be that a wealthy benefactor could buy decent players and provided that the wages were covered everyone was happy. It was up to the wealthy benefactor to decide if he made back the money directly, indirectly or not at all (because he didn't care as it was his money to squander).

FFFP could have been structured so that matchday revenue was ignored but they don't give a toss about people.

All that said I do believe that our club has lost touch with the fans recently. I hope they realize it soon and address it before it goes too far. It's such a pity when things were almost perfect only a few years back.

The owners will not pay our bills for ever! The money now has to be earned. Do some fans want us to go back to the 80s & 90s and have another Peter Swales running the club like a corner shop. I had to miss lots of games until I qualified for concession prices.

No. But that doesn't mean they should treat normal fans like shit does it.

here we go again with this stupid argument. i.e. we will go back to being shit if the club dont have corporate or charge higher prices.... absolutely no one is saying we shouldnt have these types of areas, but the club shouldnt be treating long term fans like shit.

if we didnt have a glass tunnel, your saying wed go back to swales era ? do you honestly believe that. or if we had say cheaper tickets the whole club would just collapse ?

There's always one, and this time it's you berryblue. Were you a prefect at school?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.