Gabriel Jesus back in training (page 77)

No chance of him playing tomorrow so if he's not back from his op for 2 days.

C4242A9WcAAv4dm.jpg:small

For all the pseudo-doctors out there, he has a fracture to the base of the 5th Metatarsal (a fracture is the same as a break). It's an inversion injury- foot rolls in, which is why people often think it's a sprained ankle. It isn't a stress fracture. Hopefully that's cleared up now.
As I said in a previous post, if it were you or I, we would be stuck in a boot for 6 weeks, but we are talking about Jesus (the second coming). He is an elite athlete and they have screwed it to make sure it heals properly. 5th Metatarsal fractures are renowned for non-union ie not knitting, He will NOT be back before the end of the season..unless we reach the CL final and he might come on as a sub. Stop praying cos it ain't gonna work. We gonna have to make do with Sergio I'm afraid.
And before you give me any shit, I do know what I am talking about.
If you are interested;
https://radiopaedia.org/articles/avulsion-fracture-of-the-5th-metatarsal-styloid

Don't need to mate, it's a classic presentation. No challenge- rolled ankle- fracture. If it were another metatarsal or shaft fracture there's no way they would operate. The only reason they have is because these fractures often don't knit. They can't take the chance that an expensive asset sits on his arse waiting for his bone to mend.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.