"Russia's Hooligan Army" BBC2 Tonight

Met a few Russians in Bulgaria and they were absolutely fine there, must be something about being back in the motherland that turns them into arseholes

Nah, i was surrounded by them in Cyprus and they were the most arrogant and mouthy kn*bs i've ever had the misfortune in meeting.
Was like being around a mob of Cockneys

Yet in terms of any professional sport or elite drug free fighting they're dog shit. They really are faux hard men.
It's easy to look tough and train for hooliganism or far right extreamism, but I've never seen any footage of them trying to fight one on one or outnumbered.

This World Cup will be a disaster, but I really can't see who would bother going. Do the innocent fans of countries outside Europe have any idea what goes on in Russia? How their fans behaved in France?
It's still a fairly racist country, certainly amongst your average skin head football hooligan.
Will an innocent group of Japanese, Brazil or Ghanaian fans have any idea of what could be round the corner.

I've watched other documentaries covering their neo nazi gangs and attacks on minorities are very common on public transport or in minority neighbourhoods.

No idea how this could have been fairly commissioned.

It's only really the 'proper' Russian areas that have this problem, so the places of old Kievan Rus like Moscow, St. Petersburg, Yaroslavl etc and the Russianised places like Rostov. They're the places festering with the far right, weirdo hooligan groups. Anywhere else in Russia, they get targeted my the aforementioned groups. I remember the example being Terek Grozny from the Caucasus that always clash with these groups, as they class them as mongrels and not 'proper' Russians.

So, for the World Cup - anyone who is going best bet would be places like Sochi to be honest.

Absolutely sickening watching this.
How irrespective of race, creed or whatever country you are from how you can get gratuitous pleasure from kicking another man in the head and stamping on him is beyond me.
It upset me very much.

I was in a hotel with a load of them in Bali years ago. They were the rudest bunch of bell ends Ive ever come across, apart from the receptionist at my GP surgery obviously. Real pigs.

Nah, i was surrounded by them in Cyprus and they were the most arrogant and mouthy kn*bs i've ever had the misfortune in meeting.
Was like being around a mob of Cockneys

I think the ones in Bulgaria got in my good books because one of them played with my todger (female), amazing how that can help heal relations.

Absolutely sickening watching this.
How irrespective of race, creed or whatever country you are from how you can get gratuitous pleasure from kicking another man in the head and stamping on him is beyond me.
It upset me very much.

Upsets you? I agree with your views on people kicking and stamping on peoples heads, I dont get it myself either.

However it happens in every single town here usually of a weekend night, and much worse thing than kicking and head stamping in other places.

No point in letting it upset you, wont make any difference.

Upsets you? I agree with your views on people kicking and stamping on peoples heads, I dont get it myself either.

However it happens in every single town here usually of a weekend night, and much worse thing than kicking and head stamping in other places.

No point in letting it upset you, wont make any difference.

yes very true. It's not right in any scenario even outside football. Just sad how respect has just gone out of society now.

Even in the "audition" thing they were allowing kicks and stamps to the head, they're fucking stupid. I've never understood how anybody can do that

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.