Huddersfield (a) Pre-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You will be too quick for us, I know that much. It was the same when we faced Liverpool in pre season, that extra bit of speed (both in mind and body) makes a world of difference compared to what we normally face in the Championship.

We will need a lot of luck and a top drawer performance from our keeper to stand a chance but it is the cup so you never know

Sounds like Huddersfield is winning the PL next season ;-) but...

... City under Pep is far away from being arrogant or lazy vs lower sides: we must be ready for a true cup fight.
... Pep and the team are aware of Hudds tactical approach and have the ability to handle all that.
... WE will give Hudd some difficult tasks as well, no worries!
... there IS a difference between the 2 leagues and we have to show it, including squad players being rotated in.

Huddersfield really is an interesting story, good luck to them for the promotion.

Our job will be to show from the off we want to win.
@karen7 always calls for the first goal and rightly so. It always changes the tactics and offers space upfront.

I am sure Pep will come up with an inspiring line-up and the right mixture.
Would be great to see some squad players stepping up and showing we can rely on them for the weeks to come. Not easy to get a rare game and shine but exactly that could give the whole squad a next push and more confidence and team spirit.

Play our best 11 and you think we will struggle - based on what exactly?

I think Mars is unduly negative. Of course it will be an examination but one which we are well capable of passing even with rotation.
They are playing well but will be without at least 2 of their key players and may well rest a few for a big league game on Tuesday.
I think we will win by 2 goals. However, our own big match on Tues is a horse of an altogether different colour.

Expect to see Zabba, Kompany, Clichy, Delph, Fernando, Garcia and Kelechi in the starting line up tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.