City overtake united and liverpool in U.S. TV viewers

Listening to commentary on FS1 I'm surprised anyone tunes in - it's like listening to a soccer am comedy sketch.

Not just that. Notice the slides they use in the Background, "Welcome to GREAT Britain" and the same logo used with the City goodies the lad is handed at the end. That's a very high profile British government campaign to promote tourism, trade and investment ....

Not to be sniffed at that, it means City is well connected with this high profile promotion, which is being heavily pushed by commercial sections of British Embassies and Consulates worldwide, together with British Councils overseas and British overseas Chambers of Commerce.

http://www.greatbritaincampaign.com/#!/about

https://www.visitbritain.org/great-britain-campaign-0

Chances are City won't be paying a penny for this lads trip, the British tax payer will.

Cynical fucker aren't you.

Not just that. Notice the slides they use in the Background, "Welcome to GREAT Britain" and the same logo used with the City goodies the lad is handed at the end. That's a very high profile British government campaign to promote tourism, trade and investment ....

Not to be sniffed at that, it means City is well connected with this high profile promotion, which is being heavily pushed by commercial sections of British Embassies and Consulates worldwide, together with British Councils overseas and British overseas Chambers of Commerce.

http://www.greatbritaincampaign.com/#!/about

https://www.visitbritain.org/great-britain-campaign-0

Chances are City won't be paying a penny for this lads trip, the British tax payer will.
Ellen is paying for his trip,that is what she does every day,pays for trips,pays off peoples debts and give the audience gadgets and even cars,that's the point of her show

Ellen is paying for his trip,that is what she does every day,pays for trips,pays off peoples debts and give the audience gadgets and even cars,that's the point of her show

I've no doubt that's what she does, and I'm not criticising City for this, everyone is a winner. But I doubt very much whether Ellen and the show shell out a single penny for any of this. Maybe City coughed up a few quid but the Britain is Great campaign has a huge marketing budget, it even advertises on Talk Sport! It's everywhere, just not so much in the UK, but abroad at overseas airports, exhibitions and foreign language publications it is wall to wall promotion costing millions of Pounds. A slot like that on her show is worth every penny Britain is Great and/or City threw in to the pot and it'll be the same with all the other giveaways she has on her show.

I've no doubt that's what she does, and I'm not criticising City for this, everyone is a winner. But I doubt very much whether Ellen and the show shell out a single penny for any of this. Maybe City coughed up a few quid but the Britain is Great campaign has a huge marketing budget, it even advertises on Talk Sport! It's everywhere, just not so much in the UK, but abroad at overseas airports, exhibitions and foreign language publications it is wall to wall promotion costing millions of Pounds. A slot like that on her show is worth every penny Britain is Great and/or City threw in to the pot and it'll be the same with all the other giveaways she has on her show.
She has done it because her show has recently been put on ITV2 in the afternoons 2 days after the US,you are really getting it all wrong,i have watched her show on many channels for years,you are trying to put the spoilers on a great thing for the kid,sometimes things do not need analyising

She has done it because her show has recently been put on ITV2 in the afternoons 2 days after the US,you are really getting it all wrong,i have watched her show on many channels for years,you are trying to put the spoilers on a great thing for the kid,sometimes things do not need analyising

Karen, I'm not putting spoilers on anything, advertising has moved away from commercial breaks to product placements and promotions. Everyone was a winner here and I'm sure the young lad and his family will have a wonderful time in Manchester and City will do a great job making him feel welcome, but that's how things are done now in the world of sales and marketing.

spectre-vistit-britain-bond-is-great-2015-campaign-daniel-craig-poster.jpg

ellen2JPG.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.