Gaming PC Advice

Rather than starting a new thread, I wondered if anyone who knows about these things could recommend something around the £500 mark? I've no idea how to build one, so would prefer ready made and don't really know what I'm supposed to be looking for, was considering this on amazon, , It was the first thing I noticed around my price range with decent reviews and seems to play the stuff I want, any pros/cons? All I'm looking for is something to play games on without any bother and as is clearly evident haven't a clue where to start. Cheers for any help.

I bought the same PC 5 months back and it runs like a dream, good tech support as well, It can handle pretty much any game I run on it at decent frame rates and resolutions

I bought the same PC 5 months back and it runs like a dream, good tech support as well, It can handle pretty much any game I run on it at decent frame rates and resolutions

Cheers mate, I can't ask much more than testament from someone who has one.

Found a link to this - http://www.awd-it.co.uk/amd-x4-860k...case-nvidia-gtx-960-2gb-gaming-pc-system.html is that any better? I really haven't a clue and may be best to do a bit more research, none of it means much to me. Clicking through these games on steam is luring me in, but I'm possibly better to stick with the PS4, even I can't fuck that up.

Cheers mate, I can't ask much more than testament from someone who has one.

Found a link to this - http://www.awd-it.co.uk/amd-x4-860k...case-nvidia-gtx-960-2gb-gaming-pc-system.html is that any better? I really haven't a clue and may be best to do a bit more research, none of it means much to me. Clicking through these games on steam is luring me in, but I'm possibly better to stick with the PS4, even I can't fuck that up.

Never been overly enamanoured with AMD chipsets that's why I plumped for the Intel quad core, it's a very painless system boots up quickly doesn't get too hot and is reasonably quiet, I have a PlayStation but to be honest I can't get on with the controllers so a gaming PC will always win out for me GTA5 is awesome on my rig

Never been overly enamanoured with AMD chipsets that's why I plumped for the Intel quad core, it's a very painless system boots up quickly doesn't get too hot and is reasonably quiet, I have a PlayStation but to be honest I can't get on with the controllers so a gaming PC will always win out for me GTA5 is awesome on my rig

Thanks again, you seem to know your onions and the reviews suggest that this will do the trick.

One last one, is this not slightly better than the one above? http://www.ebuyer.com/760823-cyberpower-gaming-warfare-1050ti-ecc01749 Using the cpu comparison website the processor seems to have a slightly better score (but is 2.8ghz against 3.2, less is more?) as does the graphics thing which is the Ti version (sounds good) and is 4gb against 2gb (now more is more?) but I am quite likely barking up the wrong tree. Cheers for any help and unless there are any better suggestions I'll likely go for one or the other on these and steam here I come.

One last one, is this not slightly better than the one above? http://www.ebuyer.com/760823-cyberpower-gaming-warfare-1050ti-ecc01749 Using the cpu comparison website the processor seems to have a slightly better score (but is 2.8ghz against 3.2, less is more?) as does the graphics thing which is the Ti version (sounds good) and is 4gb against 2gb (now more is more?) but I am quite likely barking up the wrong tree. Cheers for any help and unless there are any better suggestions I'll likely go for one or the other on these and steam here I come.
Between those 2 for gaming I'd go for the Cyberpower one, graphics cards should be your main concern when gaming and the Ti version is 1 tier above the non-Ti one (not a huge difference to be sure). The biggest draw for me though would be 4GB Vram against 2GB, you can't run at high resolutions without the Vram to store and manipulate the pixels. The CPU may be slower per core (4 cores is a must btw) but it is the latest Skylake processor (not sure what the other one is) so would make up a little there.

Edit: sorry, got Skylake & Kaby Lake mixed up there.

Last edited by a moderator:
So now i have about 10 years of games to catch up on. Keeping in mind a certain amount of future proofing but not going stupid building a a system that could play 8k at insane settings without breaking a sweat. Here is the planned build, i was wondering if anyone has experience with an RTX card, specifically the 2060 evga gaming black edition. Also if you have experience with the core i5 8400 and moved to the 9400f how did you find it? The mobo has all the features really needed for my gaming setup so no need for raid, wifi and all the other bells and whistles. I left the mousse/keyboard, headset etc off because they are to peripheral.

Asus PB287Q 4k monitor (Already have this)
16GB Corsair Vengeance 2666Mhz
Gigabyte Z390 UD (Socket 1151/Z390 Express/DDR4/S-ATA 600/ATX)
Core i5 8400 or 9400f (no onboard gfx enabled, i have a spare 1050ti gfx card so not much of an issue it not having onboard should main card go down)
EVGA RTX 2060 XC black gaming edition
Corsair TX-M 550W Gold
Samsung 512GB 860 Pro SSD
Corsair H45 liquid cpu cooler
Game Max case.

I may be pushing it on high settings in some games at 4k but most should do medium at 60 and 2k should be a breeze staying above 60fps. The stuff hovering dangerously around 30-40fps is only story/single player mode anyway. I have seen the comparisons in real situations on youtube so i seem ok for what i need which is mainly online fps. The RTX leaves me good for ray tracing when it comes out so futureproofing seemingly taken care of.

Is there anything i am missing because as i noted, been out the loop in a detailed way for a bit. Any other tips or advice very welcome.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.