Monaco (h) Pre-match (team news page 26).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weren't we scared about Seville? we took them apart on their ground,a strong aggressive game here and we can win,somehow have to stop them scoring lol

Some positive poster has hacked Karen's account ...

reckon this monaco team is much more of a threat than that Sevilla team we played last year

They might be, but that same Sevilla team took apart Liverpool in the Europa final when another scouser parade was already revving up

As long as it is Monaco nil at the end of the night that's all I am worried about. We have got to stop them from scoring, as that will give us the slightest edge when we go and play over there, as we will have the chance of any away goal, which will give us the advantage, should we score an away goal.

Having watched spurs play them I'm not that worried it was all spurs at wembley and would have been a big victory if not for bad finishing! Anyone thinking this free scoring team in the French league! Is going to come here and play open attacking football is very much mistaken! They will sit deep and be over the moon to get away with a 0-0

#PEP: @VincentKompany is not ready for tomorrow. I think it’s won’t be longer. The Huddersfield game he will be ready.

PEP: I am really impressed how good Monaco are. They are killers in the box. Both holding midfielders are intelligent, physical, strong.

#PEP: (Bravo or Caballero?) Tomorrow we are going to decide
I think this is a hint as to who we'll be after in the summer. You can bank it now, Fabihno or Bakayoko will be a City player August 2018.

Having watched spurs play them I'm not that worried it was all spurs at wembley and would have been a big victory if not for bad finishing! Anyone thinking this free scoring team in the French league! Is going to come here and play open attacking football is very much mistaken! They will sit deep and be over the moon to get away with a 0-0
Why would they come out and attack on the road? That's a bad assumption. They'll be cautious. Outside of the trio of Real, Brava and Bayern and to a lesser extent us. No one else goes on the road and attacks

Why would they come out and attack on the road? That's a bad assumption. They'll be cautious. Outside of the trio of Real, Brava and Bayern and to a lesser extent us. No one else goes on the road and attacks

The way some on here are talking we will be lucky to get a kick!

It's a tall order stopping Monaco from scoring, they haven't failed to score in their last 16 matches and only managed two games without finding the net this year.

That said, they can be got at. Much is made of the fact they average just under 3 goals per game scored, but they also average over 1 goal per game conceded. I have no doubt Pep will play to our strengths and try to outscore them, but to ensure our best chance of keeping their goal tally down he will probably flood the midfield for possession.

I'd stick with Willy here. Bravo had a decent outing at Huddersfield, but it's better to ease him back slowly and let the squad gain confidence again with him between the sticks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.