Villa v City 1900hrs 22/02 (FA Youth cup)

In the league game coming up?

Oh sorry, all that Stoke talk in the Youth cup thread made me think we were playing them.

You never know though, he must be knocking on the door as he seems to be scoring a ton for their u21's

At best a 6/10 performance by the lads but they still totally and utterly dominated the game. That'll do.
Only really the goals missing but a totally deserved win. One of those games where it's hard to think of a poor individual perormance but equally not that easy to find a stand out player.. Sancho with his trickery , a goal and an assist will always catch the eye as will Diaz with some of his great threatening runs and quick feet. Matt Smith proved to be the late matchwinner and probably would get my MotM vote. Just love his energy and how he drives the team forward, picking things off when they get the ball and giving it to the "stars"

Preston or Stoke shouldn't be a problem but nothing can be taken for granted as Villa showed tonight.

I thought we were excellent apart from our finishing.

In the first half their goalkeeper made two brilliant saves from Brahim and we hit the bar twice in the second half (with at least 1 more cleared off the line).

On another it would've been 4 and lots of plaudits all round.

The defence with Francis and Latibeaudiere is so organised and comfortable in possession. It's easy to see why the latter is captain and also getting similar duties at England level.

Matt Smith was the best player on the pitch. His passing was almost faultless, from the simple stuff to his defence splitting balls behind the full back. He never stopped working to build attacks and his goal was deserved.

Sancho had another standout game and I felt sorry for their fullback at times. They tripled up on him which affected him 2nd half, but he still ended the game with 1 goal and 1 assist. He's destined for the top without a doubt - his work rate is first class too.

It wasn't really Foden's, Bolton's or Dele Bashiru's day, but was still a good team effort.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.