Pablo Zabaleta - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I assume we will buy1 FB for each side but not two,keeping him around to mentor the new one and cover some games would be fine for me

He's still touch and go for me. He's got much better positionally in the last few months after realising his legs have gone. He started the season as bad as I've seen. He's much more solid now. He just needs to stop those old runs favoured by Mancini. They're counter productive and he can't actually do them anymore.
If he can adapt ala Toure I'd give him 12 months no problem. Defensively he seems to have adapted. Hopefully he can see his bombing forwards is not needed anymore.

Having said that, we're all guilty of sentimentality and they'd be calls for Willy, Sagna, YaYa and Zaba all to get new deals.
All arguably deserve a deal, but that's 4 squad places probably close to £500k a week in wages and they could all just drop off a cliff if given another year.
Demichellis went from our best defender and arguably Argentina's best defender to Richard Jobson in 8 weeks.

He's still touch and go for me. He's got much better positionally in the last few months after realising his legs have gone. He started the season as bad as I've seen. He's much more solid now. He just needs to stop those old runs favoured by Mancini. They're counter productive and he can't actually do them anymore.
If he can adapt ala Toure I'd give him 12 months no problem. Defensively he seems to have adapted. Hopefully he can see his bombing forwards is not needed anymore.

Having said that, we're all guilty of sentimentality and they'd be calls for Willy, Sagna, YaYa and Zaba all to get new deals.
All arguably deserve a deal, but that's 4 squad places probably close to £500k a week in wages and they could all just drop off a cliff if given another year.
Demichellis went from our best defender and arguably Argentina's best defender to Richard Jobson in 8 weeks.
I think most of us would say zaba is a special case,i just don't want to see him play anywhere else,i'm a soppy cow like that ha

Absolutely no way for me that Zaba gets a new deal, he's a warrior and a hero but he's finished at the top level.

Sagna just edges it in terms of performances for this season but neither Zaba or Sagna are the best options for contract extensions. Both will want longer deals which is not ideal.

I think most of us would say zaba is a special case,i just don't want to see him play anywhere else,i'm a soppy cow like that ha

Zaba certainly and YAYA have a special place for all of us. YaYa has had his ups and downs, downs normally that cock end agents fault. They've both been legends and it's hard to say bye. But sadly it's something that needs doing. Think Zaba may have a season in the sun for his Indian summer and return to work for us.
Pep is a big fan of that.

Sagna just edges it in terms of performances for this season but neither Zaba or Sagna are the best options for contract extensions. Both will want longer deals which is not ideal.
Just? I love Zaba too, but Sagna has been 2ice the player Zab is this season.

In sorry. Get him a clipboard and a coach's tracksuit if folks want to continue seeing him. But for my money, he is ready for NYCFC after the season.

Just? I love Zaba too, but Sagna has been 2ice the player Zab is this season.

In sorry. Get him a clipboard and a coach's tracksuit if folks want to continue seeing him. But for my money, he is ready for NYCFC after the season.

Not much in it to be honest Dax but neither look convincing for next season. Zaba stepped in against Monaco.

Zabaleta would be more likely to stay of the two, Pep's found more uses for him, he's much more comfortable on the ball than Sagna and seems to value his leadership.

Unfortunately I think he has to go, Pep already admitted that he basically blocked Maffeo's route to the first team this season because Pep had "so much respect" for Zabaleta.

I'd love him to be basically a player/coach, floating squad player just playing a few games and easing the big shakeup we'll have in the summer, but expect Pep would pick him over the kid again, and we can't sacrifice the future just to get Zaba up to a decade at the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.