Gabriel Jesus - 2017 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been weeks now and it's the same shit. Oh my foot this oh my foot that. Ferfux sake. Heal already will ya.

It's been weeks now and it's the same shit. Oh my foot this oh my foot that. Ferfux sake. Heal already will ya.
Ungrateful, isn't he? Most lads would kill for the numerous opportunities to get severely injured by reckless defenders in the Premier League.

I myself have always shared the dream of many a young man of receiving a severe concussion under the brutish challenge of Robert Huth or tearing my ACL due to a poorly timed "tackle" from behind perpetrated by Lee Cattermole.

Instead I had to experience the latter whilst playing in a community league against 20 year old Resort guides from Mallorca looking for glory at any cost.

Jesus should count himself lucky and get on the pitch already so he can fulfil our dreams and have his leg broken by Marcos Rojo.

Ungrateful, isn't he? Most lads would kill for the numerous opportunities to get severely injured by reckless defenders in the Premier League.

I myself have always shared the dream of many a young man of receiving a severe concussion under the brutish challenge of Robert Huth or tearing my ACL due to a poorly timed "tackle" from behind perpetrated by Lee Cattermole.

Instead I had to experience the latter whilst playing in a community league against 20 year old Resort guides from Mallorca looking for glory at any cost.

Jesus should count himself lucky and get on the pitch already so he can fulfil our dreams and have his leg broken by Marcos Rojo.

Tbh, the kind of challenges he regularly faced in Brazil, would land Huth or Rojo in court if they did it here.

It's so ridiculously unlucky & typical City, that after getting the living shit kicked out of him, ankles stamped on, instep stamped on, studs in the back of the legs, even in the back of the head, over there, sometimes playing with only one day rest between games, carrying knocks, bruises, he has a month off to rest, starts playing again, fit as a fiddle & then he's fucked for the season.

If the rags had the same luck with their new signings as we have with ours, they'd be fighting to stay up.

Tbh, the kind of challenges he regularly faced in Brazil, would land Huth or Rojo in court if they did it here.

It's so ridiculously unlucky & typical City, that after getting the living shit kicked out of him, ankles stamped on, instep stamped on, studs in the back of the legs, even in the back of the head, over there, sometimes playing with only one day rest between games, carrying knocks, bruises, he has a month off to rest, starts playing again, fit as a fiddle & then he's fucked for the season.

If the rags had the same luck with their new signings as we have with ours, they'd be fighting to stay up.
I generally agree—my post was written with my tongue planted firmly in my cheek.

Though, I will say Huth, Rojo, and others do get away with some rather nasty incidents not too dissimilar to those Jesus faced in Brasil (just not at the same frequency). The sort of "challenges" that see ours sent off in a flash. And some at this level employ the covert arts, so the challenges seem more innocent than the Brasilian variety but are, in fact, just as bad or worse.

You also have the issue of completely unintentional injuries resulting from both sides playing at the peak of human performance potential (i.e. a coming together of two elite athletes running at full speed attempting to win a loose ball—at lower levels those don't lead to the same injuries nearly as often). Or just from footballers generally pushing their bodies to the outer limits of athletic ability on a regular basis under enormous pressure to achieve.

But it was once considerably worse and not too long ago at that. When the likes of Keane and Vidic roamed the lands carnage befell the masses. And a diet of five pints, several buckets of pasta, and a couple of snorts a day was the norm. So I suppose that is at least some progress.

Gabriel Jesus is making 'great progress' and is battling to make a remarkable comeback against Arsenal in the FA Cup semi. [Sun on Sunday]

Hope they have this right

Forward Gabriel Jesus, 19, could make his return from a broken metatarsal earlier than expected, in time for Manchester City's FA Cup semi-final with Arsenal. (Sun)

Praise the Lord !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.