Brahim Diaz

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as I'd love to see Diaz and Sancho involved tomorrow I'm wondering if they were just rested as they've both played a lot of youth games this season and there are a few players in the EDS (Boadu and Ambrose for example) who need gametime. Plus it was only a PL Cup game, which seems quite low in priority.
Yeah i'm just speculating really, i'd be really surprised if Sancho is involved, maybe Diaz will sneak in though.

I have to admit, it is so rare at the age of 17 to play like the boy does... He has some Silva-esque attributes. He is never in hurry even with 3-4 player 2-3 meters away from him, always moves the ball to the side where it's impossible to reach it for defending player and not foul him (just like Silva does, and only Silva does in our team right now). Always waiting for others to move into position and put some killer balls.

From our first team, only Merlin can play like that (and Nasri could). He is so much more elegant in his play than KdB/Sane/Raz. Early days ofc, but I think, when he starts maturing, he will stop putting himself into unnecessery dribbles, and he will realise that he has not got the speed of wingers, and 4 out of 5 times when he goes past 4 players he will lose the ball, even with his fantastic technique, he will become the player we would love him to be. I always tought of him being kind of Aguero/Suarez kind of player, but I can now see him as Silva with more flair. He know where the goal is, and is so deadly when he's keeping possesion around 5 players waiting for others to move, puting them 1 on 1 with keeper. I can see that not so long before he always wanted to put Messi-like dribbles and often losed it, because he has not got the pace (maybe he will develop it a bit but I can not see it being his asset), but now he is developing into creator mould - and I love it, becasue it's where he will make name for himself.

Skills wise he is better than most of our first team, he needs to mature, stop playing naive and stupid as he sometimes does, and bulk up a little and in 1-2 years time he will be ready, and I hope that given few chances here and there he will give Pep no choice but to start giving him more minutes.

We have a gem here, and I really mean it :)

There is something else in Brahim that isn't about football skills and can't really be taught. It's about attitude and heart and from what I have seen Brahim has a big heart and a great attitude. He has a never say die approach to the game so no matter if he gets clattered or something doesn't come off he still keeps going.If he loses the ball it's not head down it's working hard to try and win it back.

I also like to see him coming along to game (18's ) when he isn't playing to suppoty yeam mayes. He wasn't at Liverpool to watch the 18's play as he will probably have been doing warm down stuff after the game the night before. His father was at Liverpool though supporting the boys and it was quality to see him with an arm round Phil Foden after the game consoling him.

Pep should use young players for the FA & Carling Cups next year.

I want them to play full games, not only coming in the last few minutes only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.