Aleix Garcia - 2016/17 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought he was good but to be honest I was more impressed with his last game at West Ham. He was sat a bit deep for me, almost a third CB and at times the game was passing him by. That said he might have been instructed to play that way and it did allow Zabba and Clichy to bomb on. At West Ham he seemed to have more drive to get forward with the ball and get more involved in attacking as opposed to just moving the ball out from the back. All in all he is a very tidy young player and certainly no worse than the likes of Delph / Fernando but in a crunch game I’d still pick KDB, Silva, Yaya based on current form and the way we set up.

I think what is impressive about him is that everyone trusts him on the pitch, always open and in space and constantly looking for the ball. Made bravo's job very easy when passing out of the back. Before the match yesterday i always struggled to see what position we could play him in because his passing range is very good but i thought his defensive ability wasn't good enough to play as a holding midfielder however he was very solid yesterday, his tackling was fantastic and always got back to provide cover for the defence. definitely deserves more minutes.

He struggled a bit in the first half as Huddersfield pushed up really hard and singled him out, bit of a shame for him as he should have got some help from the experienced players around him. But as we took hold of the game, i was very impressed with his use of the ball a couple times. He's young so the movements on the pitch will come to him, a few times he was in the wrong position and not making himself free for the out ball from the GK, but i think its something he can kick on from.

Personally i would like to see him go somewhere like Bournemouth or Swansea, where he will be allowed to play his possession game and at least play football.

I know, mate.

And you won't see them in this thread any time soon admitting they got it wrong.

Wanting the lad subbed off after 20 odd minutes is quite pathetic.
If you mean me then tag me in,i thought he struggled to settle at first but when he did he played quite well,he is potential and needs to be playing some more

If you mean me then tag me in,i thought he struggled to settle at first but when he did he played quite well,he is potential and needs to be playing some more

I didn't feel the need to mention names - you weren't the only one.

You're' right, he wasn't great in the 15 minutes or so of the game, but not many were.

Can't imagine the highlighted bit would have done his confidence any favours had some folk gotten their wish.

People have been bemoaning the fact that few youngsters have been given a chance, then want them subbing the minute they're not performing miracles.

I just thought it was a really odd thing to post at that stage of the game.

Anyway, it was a great game and City are through to the next round, happy days :) and the sun is shining so I'm off out for a long bike ride :)

He's 18.

After 15 minutes he was very tidy,always keeping possession,keeping us ticking over & looking to play our front 3 in.

He seems to have an intuitive spatial awareness which you can't teach at any age.

A very good prospect who can only get better with Pep & experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.