City u18 at Liverpool u18 4 March 1100

Finished 2-0 to Liverpool, a shame but they've got the regional finals to go for now.

1-0 Dippers.
Must be the wisdom of Stevie G inspiring them.
To be fair I think the SG influence was very much in evidence today. There were plenty of flying SG type tackles which in prem games now tend to get yellow cards but at 18 level are more often than not deemed ok. Liverpool were really at it from the start and City never got into their stride.They took the lead when a hopeful cross was flicked on by a City defender and it fell perfectly for the left winger at the far post. For the last 15 minutes or so we were all over them but just could not score. Phil Foden coming closest a couple of times and the 2nd one it seemed he must score but the ball got under his feet and the shot was weak.

I felt Pool had tired and we would win if we could just get tthat first gool but they sat back more to make it more difficult and even though we had tons of the ball we just couldnt score.Real chances for Foden again and Poveda but then a mess in the center with City eventually giving the ball away gave them their 2nd. Great shame we didn't end unbeaten but missing Sancho,Lattibeaudierre and Smith made a difference today I think.

To be fair I think the SG influence was very much in evidence today. There were plenty of flying SG type tackles which in prem games now tend to get yellow cards but at 18 level are more often than not deemed ok. Liverpool were really at it from the start and City never got into their stride.They took the lead when a hopeful cross was flicked on by a City defender and it fell perfectly for the left winger at the far post. For the last 15 minutes or so we were all over them but just could not score. Phil Foden coming closest a couple of times and the 2nd one it seemed he must score but the ball got under his feet and the shot was weak.

I felt Pool had tired and we would win if we could just get tthat first gool but they sat back more to make it more difficult and even though we had tons of the ball we just couldnt score.Real chances for Foden again and Poveda but then a mess in the center with City eventually giving the ball away gave them their 2nd. Great shame we didn't end unbeaten but missing Sancho,Lattibeaudierre and Smith made a difference today I think.
Was being only semi serious.
A player with Gerrard's pedigree must have learned a thing or two on his journey.
He knows how to get players to a certain level all right, we just aspire to go that bit further at the moment.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.