South American talent

Kompany is King

Given the success of the Gabriel Jesus signing & that we have numerous players from South America it made me wonder which other players we should be looking at and forward to seeing in a City shirt.

I hear the Flamengo Brazilian Vinicius JR is a very promising 16 year old forward.

Are we in for this lad, if not I think we should be.

Any others out there?

I find the best approach to sourcing South American talent is to pay close attention whenever the cameraman pans to the crowd at the World Cup and especially the Copa America. Pausing the TV for closer perusal is also advised, especially when the tournament is held in a warm country.

Just look on FIFA, out of all the ones who become good, you'll find a few of them legitimately will in real life. So check FIFA, get the names, watch them and see if they look good. I found Gabriel Jesus through FIFA.

Edit: I legitimately signed Gabriel Jesus on FIFA when he was 16 because he had a cool name. Turned out he was good and then he rocks up at City in real life! Bagged 54 goals in a season with him when I was AFC Wimbledon ( yes I used the Takeover bonus )

Just look on FIFA, out of all the ones who become good, you'll find a few of them legitimately will in real life. So check FIFA, get the names, watch them and see if they look good. I found Gabriel Jesus through FIFA.

Edit: I legitimately signed Gabriel Jesus on FIFA when he was 16 because he had a cool name. Turned out he was good and then he rocks up at City in real life! Bagged 54 goals in a season with him when I was AFC Wimbledon ( yes I used the Takeover bonus )
@ADegenerate. Fuck is @Yates on about?

Stopped here.

And you've missed the point, it makes your job easier. They legitimately have highly rated youngsters in real life live up to the potential in the game. So all you need to do is take those and go watch them and decide for yourself. To clarify, I'm not saying FIFA has all the answers, I'm saying there's a better chance they'll hit the mark on more young players than you and I ever will.

Lol, I knew about Jesus before all of you boys because of FIFA, yes FIFA hahahha. Seriously thought, that is how I found out about him.
You should watch youth football tournaments. U17, U21, Olympics, Toulouse tourney etc. Lots of these guys start getting bright there. Bit Fifa works too I guess :-)

Too bad I suck at video games.

And you've missed the point, it makes your job easier. They legitimately have highly rated youngsters in real life live up to the potential in the game. So all you need to do is take those and go watch them and decide for yourself. To clarify, I'm not saying FIFA has all the answers, I'm saying there's a better chance they'll hit the mark on more young players than you and I ever will.
Wasn't slagging your post mate, was just leaving a bookmark for myself - had to go scout some Serie B players on FIFA.

You should watch youth football tournaments. U17, U21, Olympics, Toulouse tourney etc. Lots of these guys start getting bright there. Bit Fifa works too I guess :-)

Too bad I suck at video games.

Ah ye I do watch the European ones but never seen the South American versions, don't even think the recent U20 comp was available anywhere. Haha, wish I could go back through all my old teams to see how many FIFA had correct and wrong.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.