Aleksandar Kolarov - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
A fan doesn't repeatedly target individual players. A fan gets behind the team.

A good fan doesn't repeatedly target individual players - but there's plenty of dickhead fans who do.

They always existed. Ian Bowyer is the first example I can remember but I bet there are people older than me who can recall earlier examples.

Much as I despise these pricks, it doesn't mean they're not City fans.

A good fan doesn't repeatedly target individual players - but there's plenty of dickhead fans who do.

They always existed. Ian Bowyer is the first example I can remember but I bet there are people older than me who can recall earlier examples.

Much as I despise these pricks, it doesn't mean they're not City fans.

Good post mate. They just aren't helping the Team.

So Sunderland gets one chance, half a chance to be honest, and manage to hit the post from distance. You go on and blame both CBs. They had 3 headers, 2 off target. But who was to blame for that, unless you expect a CB to cover 4 or 5 men and take out the ones who put in the crosses? I've been watching highlights of the other PL-games, and watched the ones from Bayern, Barcelona and Real. Any idea how many mistakes their defenders made?
No, you rather have a go at our CB's for giving away chances and forget the style of play makes us create many more. Maybe you are moaning in the other players' threads, as Fernandinho and Yaya did let slip through a Sunderland midfielder at least twice. Or blame Sterling for not controlling the ball 4 times within the first quarter of an hour, and even his assist got a lucky deflection. Or the tame shots by Aguero, Yaya and KdB in the last 10 minutes. A totaly misplaced pass by Silva midway through for which he apologized, you would be labelling that as Djemba-Djemba level. Sane crossing to Silva but gave too much power to the ball and gone was another chance. Any idea how many sloppy passes we produces in the first half yet none of them came from Stones and Kolarov with the latter producing deep and accurate passes over the 90 minutes for fun?

Why are you actually watching football, because the game has never ever produceds a faultless player over 90plus minutes. Kolarov played a blinder yesterday and he has been fantastic this season. Did he have a few poor games? Oh yes he has. As has any player on the planet.
Happy we have a manager who actually recognize his class. Yes he will make his mistakes, but the same manager actually says it's ok as it's part of the game. Funny that the best manager in the world, according to many on here, keeps putting Kolarov in time and again. He probably sees something you don't wanna see? If you can't accept Kolarov being one of a few players that has actually been great this season compared to last, than don't comment. This way you are being the turd mate.

Sorry so late in replying.

Utter bollocks.

Cheers.

I am pretty certain that Pep Guardiola knows an awful lot about football, its players, systems and tactics.

He thinks enough about Mr Kolarov skills and ability and attitude to play him often.

Mr Neville Kneville doesn't seem to.

What does Mr N K know that Pep doesn't?

JJ

He's having his best season yet, I can acknowledge the proper nightmares he's had over the years but credit where it's due he's been as solid a CB as we could wish for considering the money we've spent on that position.

He's having his best season yet, I can acknowledge the proper nightmares he's had over the years but credit where it's due he's been as solid a CB as we could wish for considering the money we've spent on that position.

Good post.

He isn't Baresi and will be replaced in the summer but he's a good person to have around the squad due to his versatility and the new position has given him a new lease on life. Like much of our team he's beaten too easily by simple attacking drills such as one twos or near post crosses, but don't think anyone would blink any more if he lined up at CB in a CL knockout game.

Squad player who is getting lots of games due to poor quality depth. Can see why we wanted Laporte or another left sided centre back. Think he's got one more year after this and wouldn't be surprised to see him leave on a free after that.

But for now he's fine. I've got a lot more confidence in him recently and he seems to stabilise Stones in a way that Otamendi doesn't - perhaps because he's less inclined to push out and dive in he's a bit more predictable to play with?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.