Chelsea Thread 16/17

I'm not completely in-love with it yet, if I'm honest, but I like that it's a bit different than the usual. I can't wait to see what it'll look like up close, in person, when it's done.

It took quite a while for us to fall in love with Etihad - CoMS as it was then - after 80 years of Maine Road.

I meant among neutrals.

I think attractive football is subjective. If people think possession football is the only way to be attractive, then very few teams play attractive football. Chelsea fans know what good football looks like. Most gladly admit we were a bit pragmatic under Mourinho.

A bit?

That's like saying there are some big stones on Salisbury Plain.

Best of luck to Chelsea tomorrow, hoping for at least a repeat of the league game.

A bit?

That's like saying there are some big stones on Salisbury Plain.

He's a very pragmatic coach, but often times we'd be up against teams who would literally refuse to step further than 5 metres outside of their penalty box, so we'd more often than not end up being camped inside the opposition half for 90 minutes. Most teams in the bottom half would come to the Bridge and set up that way.

But the night that IMO sums Mourinho up in a nutshell was the night we played Atletico Madrid at home in the CL semifinal 2nd leg, having managed to get a very admirable 0-0 draw in Madrid, we started that night with 6 actual defenders (back 4 plus David Luiz in midfield and Azpi at RW) as well as a very functional Ramires next to Luiz. We lost 3-1. Embarrassing tactics IMO. If we had actually tried to win the game but got battered 4-0, I would have been less embarrassed than playing 6 defenders at home in such a major game and then losing anyway.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.