EDS future opportunities and progression?

I'll admit we fucked up on a player when they're first choice in their position for a Champions League contender tbh and not before. That's the level we are aiming for and there's only so much room for squad players, we'll let more of that standard go than we'll keep.

In any case, with Denis Suarez, what are we supposed to do with a player who's genuinely unhappy at the club?
Indeed.

Seems the Wally doesn't like facts.

I feel like my overarching point that I made before has been lost and people have grabbed onto what I said about Denis Suarez and feel hurt by it. Okay, he left and didn't want to be there, these 'facts' are obvious, I just don't think City have done well integrating youth players and I hope that changes soon, that's why I mentioned Barker, Lopes and such but everybody has seemingly ignored that point.

Edit: I just remembered the Denayer situation and what a fuck up that's been...

Last edited:
Suarez wanted to leave so we got just his development fee (£1.28mill maybe) and Fofana wasn't good enough for us and we sold him for an initial £2.3mill rising to £3.8mill. Not bad for someone who wasn't going to make it here and never played for the 1st team, we may have a buy back option for all we know although I doubt we'd ever activate it despite how well he's doing for Udinese. How exactly is that a 'fuck up'?

Exactly. Good players but not at the level we need to win major trophies. I would have liked to see them given a bit more of a chance with our first team ,just as I would like a few more now to be getting on the bench at least with bits of game time, but they were squad players

I wish bluemoon would let me make a new post, but I have to keep replying under 'Olivier Ntcham', anyways, I think my main issue (that apparently nobody else has) is that we don't even give these players a chance in the 1st team, then you guys assume they aren't good enough to even be squad players (how the hell would you know), and would rather buy a Delph, Fernando etc. Boggles the mind.

I wish bluemoon would let me make a new post, but I have to keep replying under 'Olivier Ntcham', anyways, I think my main issue (that apparently nobody else has) is that we don't even give these players a chance in the 1st team, then you guys assume they aren't good enough to even be squad players (how the hell would you know), and would rather buy a Delph, Fernando etc. Boggles the mind.
Moved a few posts to this,more relevant,thread.

Who said they'd prefer Delph or Nando?

It felt implied, unless im mistaken. Delph or Nando are squad players, and people are saying some of the youth players aren't good enough as squad players.
I think most are in agreement that our squad players need improving. Whether improvements are available in the EDS or not is a different story. Take Clichy for example, he's been declining for years and is nowhere near good enough imo and I can't wait to see the back of him in the summer. However if the young lads the closest to being in the squad is Angelino and he is nowhere near ready. Barker and Fofana? Maybe but I haven't seen it tbh. Ntcham? We're stocked in his position. Tosin? Bambi on ice, needs time. Maffeo? Definitely next year when Sagna and Zaba are gone. Garcia? See Maffeo. So on and so on. The likes of Roberts you could say is ready now, but if he hadn't gone on loan would he have gotten enough game time to be ready? Not from the position he was in.

I think most are in agreement that our squad players need improving. Whether improvements are available in the EDS or not is a different story. Take Clichy for example, he's been declining for years and is nowhere near good enough imo and I can't wait to see the back of him in the summer. However if the young lads the closest to being in the squad is Angelino and he is nowhere near ready. Barker and Fofana? Maybe but I haven't seen it tbh. Ntcham? We're stocked in his position. Tosin? Bambi on ice, needs time. Maffeo? Definitely next year when Sagna and Zaba are gone. Garcia? See Maffeo. So on and so on. The likes of Roberts you could say is ready now, but if he hadn't gone on loan would he have gotten enough game time to be ready? Not from the position he was in.
Fair enough. Would be really annoyed if Roberts was sent on loan again and Navas was considered a better squad player than him.

Fair enough. Would be really annoyed if Roberts was sent on loan again and Navas was considered a better squad player than him.
Navas is out of contract so that's unlikely. Imo both Barker and Roberts have a big chance to take that 4th spot on the wings this summer so they would want to be working their socks off to impress Guardiola in pre season, same goes for Maffeo and Garcia, because if they don't impress him enough we'll buy instead and in that scenario their chances are swiftly running out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.