Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fernandinho was playing at right back, will leave this be now as there's more chance of hell freezing over than you admitting that you were wrong although I would still love to hear how Fernandinho could of possibly been part of us putting 5 past Monaco.
He wasnt. He was playing Left back But thare not necessarily important. I hope you admit you are wrong on that. Seeing as you are really big on admitting wrong. And if you didn't even know where he played, how could you conclude he was found out?

We'd have to trigger his release clause first which is somewhere north of 100M right??
Spanish buy-out clauses are different to the release clauses we're used to and have a legal standing. In Spain, they are mandatory and a player can buy out his contract for the stated fee and his club can do nothing about it. But he has to do it, not the buying club as I understand it, otherwise there are tax issues with VAT being payable. The clubs can come to an agreement on price to mitigate this but the selling club has the right to demand the full fee, plus VAT, if it wants. Messi's clause is around £180m I believe.

Spanish buy-out clauses are different to the release clauses we're used to and have a legal standing. In Spain, they are mandatory and a player can buy out his contract for the stated fee and his club can do nothing about it. But he has to do it, not the buying club as I understand it, otherwise there are tax issues with VAT being payable. The clubs can come to an agreement on price to mitigate this but the selling club has the right to demand the full fee, plus VAT, if it wants. Messi's clause is around £180m I believe.
Yep. Spanish clauses are a right hassle for clubs.

I thought the player has to buy himself out, so we would pay the player to do that which would then be seen as personal income so it would be taxed which the buying club would also be expected to pay. Whereas if an agreement is made between the clubs then it doesn't involve the player and isn't taxable. I believe either way there would be VAT on the purchase for the fee the selling club receives..

He was pants yesterday. If he has a poor run in and Barca finish 3rd then they might fancy cashing in. My understanding is they are skint and this is the window where they have to either renegotiate his contract, sell or face losing for naught in 2018. This is possibly our best chance to get him at a decent age.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.