Our PR department and the media

"All the big teams have gone through but they don't want a Manchester City.

They want one of Europe's elite. Go to the Nou Camp.

These fans deserve that. They deserve a really big European night out."

Danny mills reacts to Leicester qualifying for the champions league - twat.

Who cares, the media can be dealt with if we win the league, or CL each season. At the moment we are a shambles due to our Pep, or bust plan.

Who cares, the media can be dealt with if we win the league, or CL each season. At the moment we are a shambles due to our Pep, or bust plan.

It aint a pep or bust plan our owners dont think short term or have knee jerk reactions unlike the scum who only got the eye gauger because we appointed the best manager in the world! Scum scrambling around to be relevant spending shit loads on Donkeys.

I used to think I was paranoid about media coverage of City but I know now that's not the case.

A lifelong supporter, I'm 72 now, and it really angers me that, no matter what the club does, they get little or no recognition. I listen to the words used by so-called pundits (has been's I prefer to call them), and it's as though they would choke if they used a really positive adjective to describe a good move by a City player. Superlatives are banded about like candy for any other club, but City no.

Anything negative is pounced on immediately, and dwelt on endlessly. Kompany's one dodgy tackle, Bravo, Stones, Sterling, hounded to the point of affecting their game. Some organisation or people must be behind this, because it does affect all the media and that in itself is unusual.

The PR department definitely need to fight back on this and do some serious bridge-building or investigation.

I've given up Sky and I won't have BT because of the biase, surely that shouldn't be.

For those interested, here's the club's response to the Points of Blue question about media management:
MEDIA
Q9. Softly softly approach to antagonistic reporters / papers doesn’t seem to do us any good. Ban one or two, to encourage the others.

A9. There is no ‘one size fits all’ approach when it comes to media relations. The media is extremely varied and therefore our media relations strategy is complex and adapts from outlet to outlet, and from topic to topic. We work hard to have productive working relationships with the media and pride ourselves on the first-class facilities – as offered by all leading clubs – that external and internal club media are able to utilise.

That said, we aren’t afraid to take a hard line when a situation requires strong (and sometimes legal) action to protect the Club, our players and supporters. There have been numerous situations where legal warnings proactively initiated by the club, have resulted in erroneous stories never hitting the public domain in the first place. We have also seen real improvements from certain outlets when we have challenged what we have considered to be inappropriate or unfair reporting, and we will continue to take this stance when the situation calls for it. Banning reporters as a matter of course is not a strategy that we consider effective although restriction of access has on select occasions, in the instances of repeated misreporting with no right to reply, been applied.

For those interested, here's the club's response to the Points of Blue question about media management:
Thanks for that insight, it would seem the club has policies in place and has carried these out on occasions. There is still a problem with the media though, I have never been able to fathom it. It does sadden me that the club has risen to such amazing heights and yet the media never seem to be on their side and are always ready to undermine these achievements. I suppose the only thing is to ignore and prove them wrong on the pitch

Thanks for that insight, it would seem the club has policies in place and has carried these out on occasions. There is still a problem with the media though, I have never been able to fathom it. It does sadden me that the club has risen to such amazing heights and yet the media never seem to be on their side and are always ready to undermine these achievements. I suppose the only thing is to ignore and prove them wrong on the pitch
It really isn't hard to fathom. In a business model that relies on internet hits to drive advertising revenue they have to appeal to fans of clubs with large fanbases. And knocking us achieves that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.