Monaco - Post Match thread.

We showed them too much respect in the first half and our defenders dropped too deep and over compensated for their pace and our complete lack of it. That meant the distance between our front 5 and back 5 was way too big and Monaco exploited that perfectly.

A couple of new younger, quicker fullbacks and a better centre back to partner Stones and we'll be a completely different proposition next season. Disappointed to go out but two brilliant games and good luck to Monaco for the rest of the competition.

On a side note that referee was fucking disgusting, every single time we went within 10 yards of a Monaco player the **** couldn't wait to blow up yet we were constantly fouled without a free kick. Their were seven in the first half alone before I lost count and got too pissed off to bother. Cheating, corrupt, bent ****s.

I kind of understand that, because he looked a bit fucked after an hour at weekend.

But I don't think anyone can criticise Pep re Yaya under any circumstances, as if it was up to most City fans, he wouldn't even be here.

I agree, but first half we failed to retain possession.

We were crying out for yaya in that second half...had he played we would've won imo.

Fernandinho's shortcomings in that role were exposed when Guardiola played him there against Stoke, so it can't have been much of a surprise when a faster and fitter team boxed him in.

I know we missed plenty of chances but how anyone can blame the forwards when we scored SIX goals over two games is beyond me. Tonight set a precedence, first side to score SIX and go out. Defence all day long.

Actually pleased we are out,need to regroup for the top 4

I don't think however it will help us.

I think that loss could be a catalyst for a big backwards step with he next 3 games......we looked mentally and physically drained from the very first touch tonight.....we were simply awful which ever way you look at it........

Liverpool is an extremely important game and they have it over us at the moment...they are the team we really don't need to be playing at present as their press and energy we will hugely struggle against normally now looks very daunting in 3 days time

If he could see they weren't there in the first half then why didn't he make any tactical changes or subs in the first half. That was one of Bobby's good points, he wasn't afraid to make early subs if it wasn't working Pep waited until 83 mins

Once players are out on the pitch, what the manager can do is limited. At HT he made tactical changes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.