Monaco - Post Match thread.

To score 6 at this level and stage is very very encouraging.

You cant genuinely counter argue that with a 0-0 v Stoke argument.

We created several clear chances to score in the 2nd half, just didn't take them.

Agreed re our corners, they're utter gash.
It's a regular feature of our game that we miss a lot of chances.

We don't have a regular goal-scoring midfielder. Silva is rubbish in front of goal. Sterling isn't that good either. Sane is good. Aguero? What's happening with him? On the slide? Jesus looks the business. KDB is a no.10 in my opinion. Problem is so is Silva. It's the same problem Belgium have with Hazard and KDB. KDB or Silva? We play both. Understandable. Recently we've playe KDB and dropped Silva and been rubbish, and when Silva has come in, City have looked so much better.

KDB was brilliant last season. This season has been very long for him, and I think he is suffering now. Remember he has hardly had a rest as was playing in the Summer.

City can't expect to win trophies when we can't defend as a team. Is that Guardiola's fault? No.

Maybe Stones can build on today's performance, and Guardiola will have found a player around which to rebuild our defence.

Was it an error not to play Otamendi? He'd have probably organised us better for that stupid free-kick. Doesn't look good for him that he didn't make the team

The coach has to take the blame like very other coach in the world does. He admitted in September he can't do anything about high ball into the box except pray though. Soon after that the rot set in.

This performance has been brewing for weeks as we struggled to beat inferior sides,our passing and completion in front of goal is atrocious. We all now the limitations of this squad but the Great Pep indulges himself in playing the wrong players in the wrong place in the wrong game- but he is a genius don't you know.

Gutted. If Kompany is fit he should play. I blame Pep for 1st half . If we played same first and second half we go through. De Bruyne has been poor for awhile. Yaya should have played also. I was looking forward to a going to Spain / Italy / Germany. I am not happy. Steer clear of press / FB everything until after the match on Sunday.
I was skipping Arsenal away to save for away in Europe. I will go now. This season will be over with a long summer ahead soon. Enjoy it boys. We have FA Cup only left. Not shabby if we win it and take top 3 Ahhhhh

Maybe so but if playing in the summer is going to cause him to be useless the second half of the season we're going to have big problems. Because he's gonna be playing every other summer his entire career. Needs to work on his conditioning and frankly his mentality. Goes missing in far too many big games. He was unbelievably bad tonight.

And a keeper and another top drawer holding box to box midfielder, I always said second season for Pep - I'd say third at this moment in time.
I reckon front line is sorted now. If Jesus reproduces his form we'll have two world class forwards up front.

And although we need several defensive players, we probably only need to make 2 signings to turn us into title contenders. A defensive midfielder and one central defender would probably do it. I know we need full backs, but look at Chelsea. They have a great defence and they play Cahill who is rubbish. Teams don't have to be perfect to win stuff.

Yaya and Zabba of 3 years ago

Yaya and Zabba would not have been able to live with the pace of Monaco. You must know that. Granted Yaya would probably have used the ball better than KDB and Silva in the 1st half, but we had no way of knowing that KDB and SIlva would play so poorly in the 1st half. We couldn't pass the ball. That's rare. Unfortunately Zab and Toure no longer have the legs for these games which are much much more intense that the usual games we play

Not quite Marvin.
They had to come on after we scored, when Monaco didn't have the pace anymore.
Pep has been invisible the whole night. He has to help his team in different ways when it's obvious that they were bossed and outfought.

I have always backed Pep. Even on Bravo, anybody on here knows that.
But this one goes on Pep.

Even though it was quite close and that makes it even more unnecessary.

Monaco had a very good match. But we've been giving it away for free. The 3rd goal alone, OMG.

The transition is going to take longer than we imagined.

Sorry but I don't get this 'transition' stuff. You either buy the right players or you don't. Bayern Munich for example refresh the squad every year and there's no 'transition' . There squad also cost peanuts compared to ours, Monaco's too. Txiki and soriano have a lot to answer for regarding the current deficiencies with this squad and the money spent. Mangala for a start and the fact Clichy, Sagna and Kolorav are still regular starters in the team is quite laughable. I'll give Pep his dues the Sane sterling Jesus idea looks really promising but what's happened at the back is criminal to all involved.

They didn't do anything to create those chances. I agree Pep could have done things better, but he has every right to expect the players on the pitch to defend better than that.

Especially as they will have been talking it through for days.

Thing is he has again said the defending isnt the problem.....i get he says attack us the best form of defence and i dont disagree but we have to be able to degend against teams who will openly attack us as monoco dod and liverpool will at weekend...our defenders one on one are all shit ..the only one is kompany and its starting to lokm like pep just wont play him (pep says he us fit so something is a miss somewhere)....but kompany isnt the answer alone. Our players just atruggle against real athletic midfieldrrs.....we just get overrun not necessarily outplayed....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.