City v Stoke (Semi-final FA Youth cup 2nd leg)

Kevin Kilbane was on Irish radio last night absolutely raving about the U18s. He has seen them a few times and was at the Stoke game on Friday (he is best mates with Lee Carsley). Mentioned Foden and Diaz but not for the first time he picked out the keeper Muric. Reckons he is the best young keeper he has ever seen. Said he is already better than Cabelero and Bravo. Described him as having the build of Courtois, the shot stoping ability of De Gea and the feet of Manuel Neuer. I have only seen glimpses of him. Is he as good as Kilbane says and ready for the first team as early as next season?

Muric is indeed fantastic, and he has all those attributes, but its all relative of course to his level. At his level he's defo top class. He most certainly plays like them too stylistically, but can he do it now at the very highest level? That's the thing none of us know yet.

ed francis has impressed me a lot. apparently he might be one of the 5 going on the pre season tour. what are peoples thoughts on him ?

ed francis has impressed me a lot. apparently he might be one of the 5 going on the pre season tour. what are peoples thoughts on him ?
Yeah impressed me every time i see him, very calm, composed and intelligent on the ball.

Defensively it's hard to judge because the team is so dominant, but what he has to do, he does well.

Only concern would be physically he's going to need to develop significantly to be a Premier League central defender. You couldn't start to introduce him now, he'd just get bullied.

Muric is indeed fantastic, and he has all those attributes, but its all relative of course to his level. At his level he's defo top class. He most certainly plays like them too stylistically, but can he do it now at the very highest level? That's the thing none of us know yet.

I like Muric a lot but I don't see him as being any better than Angus Gunn who has all the attributes mentioned by Kilbane.

Yeah impressed me every time i see him, very calm, composed and intelligent on the ball.

Defensively it's hard to judge because the team is so dominant, but what he has to do, he does well.

Only concern would be physically he's going to need to develop significantly to be a Premier League central defender. You couldn't start to introduce him now, he'd just get bullied.

He might be and has been playing well but I don't think he is that great on the ball. Calm, composed and I suppose intelligent but I fear he actually gives the ball away far too often with his passing.

He might be and has been playing well but I don't think he is that great on the ball. Calm, composed and I suppose intelligent but I fear he actually gives the ball away far too often with his passing.
I only see whatever games are streamed so you've probably seen more of him and know better, the few games i have seen though i thought he barely misplaced a pass.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.