Fabian Delph 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wilf, Navas, Savic ? I don't think Delph is a poor player, maybe he's just not technical for Pep's midfield, I however believe Pep can get something out of Delph- perhaps convert him to a full back.

You could type names for an hour straight into this forum before you got to the three names you mentioned, Navas is a decent enough player that doesn't deserve to be bracketed into any worst ever City player category.

Savic was destroyed by the boo boys and left City and has hardly disgraced himself as a centre half, Bony was a bad buy a bad fit for a team playing the way we do.

Lee Peacock is my ultimate bad buy, shudders at the thought.

Take a read below to refresh your memory of some truly horrendous players, no doubt somebody will have said Navas in there but it really isn't true.

http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/worst-city-players-you-remember.203634/

You could type names for an hour straight into this forum before you got to the three names you mentioned, Navas is a decent enough player that doesn't deserve to be bracketed into any worst ever City player category.

Savic was destroyed by the boo boys and left City and has hardly disgraced himself as a centre half, Bony was a bad buy a bad fit for a team playing the way we do.

Lee Peacock is my ultimate bad buy, shudders at the thought.

Take a read below to refresh your memory of some truly horrendous players, no doubt somebody will have said Navas in there but it really isn't true.

http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/worst-city-players-you-remember.203634/
Anyone that thinks Navas is anywhere near one of our worst ever players is out of their fuckin' mind. He's not been a blinding success, but he's not been a complete disaster either.

Anyway, Delph is decent but he's not up to the standard Pep demands. During the 09-10 season for Barca, Pep had a similar squad player in Seydou Keita, he's left footed and has a lot of energy, but he'ss much better technically and even got forward and bagged goals for the team. I'm sure he will be looking for a similar type of player.

Wilf, Navas, Savic ? I don't think Delph is a poor player, maybe he's just not technical for Pep's midfield, I however believe Pep can get something out of Delph- perhaps convert him to a full back.
forgot about savic lol. your right though perhaps he could do better at fullback,

Fabian Delph vs. Chelsea.

Passes - 102 (#1 in the match)
Pass % 94- (#2 in the match of starting players)
Tackles - 6 (#1 in the match)
Interceptions - 4 (joint #1 in the match)

Injected much needed energy in the middle, made tackles, got the ball to Silva and KDB early, he was very good. Considering how long he's been out, he was brilliant.

Him and Kompany could be massive positives to take out of this game, if Pep uses them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.