Sturgeon wants another referendum

There are so many echoes of Brexit here. That's why one or two of the enthusiastic Brexiteer posters actually have some sympathy. We were equally accused of being motivated by racism, when it was just a minority of tossers.

My only issue, as I've said before, is the timing of another referendum. It should be once Brexit is well out of the way. And it should be made clear that it would be "final". No re-runs.

Fully agree.

The Scots just need to stop playing the victim

Between now and 2020 the UK are handling Brexit - there is no space for handling the distractions of an indyref2

Let the SNP put a referendum in their GE manifesto and at that time the position on Brexit and whether Scotland can independently join the EU will be clear

It all follows - but there is no space for it to happen before

Fully agree.

The Scots just need to stop playing the victim

Between now and 2020 the UK are handling Brexit - there is no space for handling the distractions of an indyref2

Let the SNP put a referendum in their GE manifesto and at that time the position on Brexit and whether Scotland can independently join the EU will be clear

It all follows - but there is no space for it to happen before
It would make sence to me to hold the referendum once the Brexit negotiations have been finalised, at least they'd know what they're voting for.

Can i ask what bit of the debate before the referendum did you not understand where Cameron and all the uk establishment plus the EU said there would be no half measures. Cameron got no concessions whatsoever. It could not have been made any clearer that we were voting for hard brexit or to stay in the EU. We voted for the former. To say you were not informed of that is frankly just nonsense.

Course you can.

I didn't (and still don't) know about;

trade agreements, reciprocal deals, eu finance, trading 'passports',scientific collaboration, arrest warrants, ttp, ttip, gdp, workers rights, fishing and farming quotas, h and s, security services collaboration.

Course you can.

trade agreements, reciprocal deals, eu finance, trading 'passports',scientific collaboration, arrest warrants, ttp, ttip, gdp, workers rights, fishing and farming quotas, h and s, security services collaboration.

You were never going to know about those until after the deals were made

The SNP want another referendum.
The British PM tells them they're not having one.
The SNP whinge and squawk, irrelevant, the decision lies with the British PM.
Foot stamping and teeth gnashing will get the same cold shoulder given to embittered remainers.
Totally pointless, totally futile, but amusing to watch and read about.

Their delusion reaches new heights from their defence minister yesterday.
“One of the big debates is what do we do with the military assets? Do we start from scratch, do we take an eight per cent share or a nine per cent share of them?

“If we do take a share, what do we take? What are the maintenance contracts? There’s a whole load of things.

“I’m personally very much of the opinion that if we adopt a nine per cent share of the hardware, then we’re pushed down a road from which it is sometimes very difficult to come back.

“I don’t think you can have a bespoke independent Scottish defence policy if you are immediately saddled with taking eight or nine per cent of assets.tion

He told the meeting the party expect to spend about 1.6 per cent of GDP on defence. That would be around the EU and Nato average but less than Nato’s recommendation of at least two per cent.

Questioned if an independent Scotland would have its own intelligence service, O’Hara said: “There’s obviously a very sophisticated intelligent network that exists as part of the UK and it would make no sense for us to tear that down.

“Once Scotland is an independent country, we’re going to co-operate extremely closely with our immediate neighbour. We’d want to build on what’s there. We’d certainly want to work as close as possible in order to make sure that what currently works continues to work.”

The SNP’s previous framework assumed an entirely new agency after a Yes vote.

Last edited:
Course you can.

How would you expect to know the answers to any of those before any deals were made out of interest?

Their delusion reaches new heights from their defence minister yesterday.
“One of the big debates is what do we do with the military assets? Do we start from scratch, do we take an eight per cent share or a nine per cent share of them?

“If we do take a share, what do we take? What are the maintenance contracts? There’s a whole load of things.

“I’m personally very much of the opinion that if we adopt a nine per cent share of the hardware, then we’re pushed down a road from which it is sometimes very difficult to come back.

“I don’t think you can have a bespoke independent Scottish defence policy if you are immediately saddled with taking eight or nine per cent of assets.tion

He told the meeting the party expect to spend about 1.6 per cent of GDP on defence. That would be around the EU and Nato average but less than Nato’s recommendation of at least two per cent.

Questioned if an independent Scotland would have its own intelligence service, O’Hara said: “There’s obviously a very sophisticated intelligent network that exists as part of the UK and it would make no sense for us to tear that down.

“Once Scotland is an independent country, we’re going to co-operate extremely closely with our immediate neighbour. We’d want to build on what’s there. We’d certainly want to work as close as possible in order to make sure that what currently works continues to work.”

The SNP’s previous framework assumed an entirely new agency after a Yes vote.

Can't see the Americans allowing scotland to join NATO, they've already told germany they have to spend the full 2%, so a new joiner will have to spend that as well, if not more. Also a problem is NATO is a nuclear power and the SNP is against nukes so that wont sit well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.