The most traditional English food is ?

Not all pies are good, egg pie for instance is fucking horrible.

Quiche.

There is no lid on it, its not a pie but a flan, just the frenchies call it quiche, its a fucking flan... pies have to be encased, with a lid, the sides can be the dish its cooked in if you want, but a lid is essential, its the law, unless you are a ponce and deconstruct one...

But still all corners of these isles love a bit of pie. Who doesnt love a pie? So versatile you can put anything you like in them. Pie.
And a pie has the filling encased in pastry.
Those who believe a hot pot with a lattice pastry lid is a pie should be exiled so as not to destroy the fabric of society.

And a pie has the filling encased in pastry.
Those who believe a hot pot with a lattice pastry lid is a pie should be exiled so as not to destroy the fabric of society.

Well I happen to agree with your stance, but there are pies like the afore mentioned Shepherds, Cottage and Cumberland, that dont have pastry. A lid/top is essential to a pie, the cooking dish can act as the sides in certain circumstances.

Even the weird veggie types can have a pie, they really leave nobody behind.

There are even the potato topped ones like shepherds, cottage and cumberland to add to the mix as well.

I like a meat and potato or a steak and ale myself, but will nom most pies as they are great.

Pie.
I make a good fish pie. Simply poach smoked haddock or cod with salmon in milk. Add to a casserole dish with a few prawns. Make a roux from the fish milk with flour. Mash spuds with milk and butter. Put on top with a bit of grated cheddar and thinly sliced tomatoes. Can also add boiled eggs. Pop in oven on 200 for 20 mins or so and hey presto.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.