Benjamin Mendy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still don't think Kante would have helped us. Better luck and better execution.

We concede fewer chances a game than Chelsea. Just concede more goals. And fail to score even though we create more.

Getting the Pep like players is an overall net positive. Even when you don't see 20 tackles a game. Its the reason why Yaya is better than Dihno at the Pivot, even though Dihno makes 2ice the number of interceptions and tackles Yaya does.

It's only now people realise that Kante single handedly won a shite Leicester side the title, made Pogba look a 100 million player for France and is now bossing Chelsea to a title.

It's nonsense to say he wouldn't help us, when every bit of evidence says he's the best midfielder in world football right now. And Kante's stats probably dwarf both yaya and Dinho's across the board over the past 2 seasons tbh.

On Mendy, break the bank for him. Absolute quality.

He looks superb,technically and physically,and at 22,still has plenty of time to improve.

His stamina and strength really impressed last night,and in our side,supporting Sane,he'd be a revelation.

The downside,he's less than 12 months into a 5 yr deal.

I still don't think Kante would have helped us. Better luck and better execution.

We concede fewer chances a game than Chelsea. Just concede more goals. And fail to score even though we create more.

Getting the Pep like players is an overall net positive. Even when you don't see 20 tackles a game. Its the reason why Yaya is better than Dihno at the Pivot, even though Dihno makes 2ice the number of interceptions and tackles Yaya does.
Let's look at it this way. Assuming your stat is accurate (and I have no problems believing that it's accurate), it only highlights two different systems at work. One allows opposition some leeway around safe areas of the pitch and trusts the hard men to do what they have to do i.e. one system invites pressure the other kinda avoids it. This is why I believe we concede fewer chances compared to them. We do not need to read into that stat too much to determine whether we may need a Kante-type player as I reckon that every team will benefit from having Kante at their deepest midfielder including Madrid. I sincerely hope Stones will have a legendary career with us as he is one of ours but I will always criticize the idea of signing a player just because 'he is a Pep player'. We need to learn our lessons. Our defensive minded players should be apt both in their primary assignments and in their general football ability. We cannot compromise any in our quest to get the best talents but if you ask me, I think Kante has the skill level to do all the basics very well and still possesses the required DM skills and so I believe he wouldn't look lost in a team like ours

Kante would have been amazing for us. I m surprised that someone does not rate him. Every team needs players like Kante, Veratti, or even de Jong.
Verrati is nothing like Kante or Dr Hong. And no, not every team needs them. Frankly no team who has won the Champs league the last 5 years or been to a final, have players like that.

I'm not underating Kante, just saying not every team needs or utilizes a player like him. Some do and some don't.

He looks superb,technically and physically,and at 22,still has plenty of time to improve.

His stamina and strength really impressed last night,and in our side,supporting Sane,he'd be a revelation.

The downside,he's less than 12 months into a 5 yr deal.

Technically he's average at best, a left footed Micah Richards. His pace and power make him look better than he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.