New York City FC

Look a worse side this season the few games Ive watched Villa and pirlo a year older and who is that number 10 total shite

It can't just be coincidence.

I agree. It appears to be endemic. Read the comments on the last women's match. I think the system we play throughout the group relies on a high level of chance conversion which just isn't there but seems to be there in most of the best teams. It certainly doesn't rely on solid defence.

I agree. It appears to be endemic. Read the comments on the last women's match. I think the system we play throughout the group relies on a high level of chance conversion which just isn't there but seems to be there in most of the best teams. It certainly doesn't rely on solid defence.

I'm starting to think that the stated "City way or City style" is counterproductive. To try and play a particular way across the group is noble, but when that style is supposed to be beautiful and effective it makes the oppositions job alot easier. Everyone knows exactly how we are going to try and play and can set up to counter that. Now this is based nearly soley on my experiences in Melbourne over the previous 2 seasons both Men Womens and Youth plus the occasional games I've watched of Manchester and New York respectively.
I think the group needs to adopt a bit more pragmatic stance and play each game on its merits and drop this whole style ethos. Teams just simply park the bus and hit us on the break week in week out.

Obviously each team is different and so to are the Leagues but the end results and the basic causes of losses or draws are frighteningly similar.

Villa just lobbed the keeper from the halfway line, inch perfect. NYC won 0-2 at Philadelphia. Top of the eastern conference for the time being.

Decent goal from Villa. I question the keeper a bit, although maybe that takes away from the quality of the finish.

Good away win. I think they'll be up there again at the end of the season

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.