Full Backs?

When we bought Stones we released 3 centre backs (2 on loan) and still had Kompany. It is plain to see that our full backs were what needed replacing.

When we bought Stones we released 3 centre backs (2 on loan) and still had Kompany. It is plain to see that our full backs were what needed replacing.

I'd like to see the likes of Savic, Nastasic and Mangala now. Fuck I'd even like to see Otamendi along side two full backs with a good blend of attacking and defending qualities. For 2/3 seasons it was a large amount of money spunked on centre halves without giving them protection, and it is unreal looking back. It's been a constant cycle of "let's look for a left footed partner for Kompany" and then buying players for a large amount then when Kolarov/Clichy are out of their position it's their fault. And now it's at the point where we're looking to replace the player we wanted to pair a new player with. Now we're looking at replacing our back 5 (keeper included) with 4 new players.

I'd like to see the likes of Savic, Nastasic and Mangala now. Fuck I'd even like to see Otamendi along side two full backs with a good blend of attacking and defending qualities. For 2/3 seasons it was a large amount of money spunked on centre halves without giving them protection, and it is unreal looking back. It's been a constant cycle of "let's look for a left footed partner for Kompany" and then buying players for a large amount then when Kolarov/Clichy are out of their position it's their fault. And now it's at the point where we're looking to replace the player we wanted to pair a new player with. Now we're looking at replacing our back 5 (keeper included) with 4 new players.
Top post that

Fabinho on the right, Alaba on the left.

If we can't get Alaba, get Rose. If we can't get those two, get Bertrand.
You have a thing or average fullbacks? We can't get Alaba so really you want Bertrand or Rose both are decent upgrades on Clichy, but we could do so much better.

Ideally, get Guerrero off Dortmund and Semedo of Benfica. Not very realistic though, both would cost an arm and a leg, but would improve us immeasurably.

Ideally, get Guerrero off Dortmund and Semedo of Benfica. Not very realistic though, both would cost an arm and a leg, but would improve us immeasurably.
I'll take Semedo and Bernat. Or Grimaldo and Kimmich. Or even Heinrich and Perreira as 2 interchangeable fullbacks who can play on both side.

But whoever we get should be paired with Mafeo on the right and Zichenko in the left.

I'll take Semedo and Bernat. Or Grimaldo and Kimmich. Or even Heinrich and Perreira as 2 interchangeable fullbacks who can play on both side.

But whoever we get should be paired with Mafeo on the right and Zichenko in the left.
Agree with most of that, there are plenty of young options, but you'll never get me to agree on Zinchenko at leftback! ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.