Txiki Begiristain

The point is mate txiki has been discussed for a while but at certain points in a season it will be discussed again and the natural time is after a season changing defeat. I don't accept the argument that because we had been on a good run and this thread wasn't added to means anything. What response would a poster get and what point would it serve to even mention him?

Is our defence pretty poor? Yes
Has this been a problem for a number of transfer windows? Yes
Has the club spent a huge amount of money? Yes
Is this a good place to be in? No
Has it cost us this season and previous ones? Yes
Is it natural to discuss the one person that is the constant? Yes

If people find this strange that is entirely at their discretion and they can tell us why, but please tell me why when for instance I showed the net spend for us and other clubs and compared our defence with Spurs who have spent 500 million less was there deafening silence? Why for instance when a poster says those questioning txiki must have physcological problems or some bizarre envy is this not seen as somwhat out of order?

But what do we get instead? Aren't you all pathetic bringing this up after a defeat. These guys know more than you so shut up. With this in mind is the current stance we shan't discuss the club and its employees until certain posters tell us we can? If this is the case then someone should let us know.

It's almost like some staff are beyond criticism.... and not for the first time.

So are you just ignoring the contract situation and the fact it was much easier to wait for this summer and in the long term more beneficial. Bad stuff Txikis fault, good stuff down to Pep is it ?

Are you saying that Txiki has allowed the contracts to run down on purpose. All part of his grand plan?

You do know he renewed quite a few of these contracts a few years ago?

The point is mate txiki has been discussed for a while but at certain points in a season it will be discussed again and the natural time is after a season changing defeat. I don't accept the argument that because we had been on a good run and this thread wasn't added to means anything. What response would a poster get and what point would it serve to even mention him?

Is our defence pretty poor? Yes
Has this been a problem for a number of transfer windows? Yes
Has the club spent a huge amount of money? Yes
Is this a good place to be in? No
Has it cost us this season and previous ones? Yes
Is it natural to discuss the one person that is the constant? Yes

If people find this strange that is entirely at their discretion and they can tell us why, but please tell me why when for instance I showed the net spend for us and other clubs and compared our defence with Spurs who have spent 500 million less was there deafening silence? Why for instance when a poster says those questioning txiki must have physcological problems or some bizarre envy is this not seen as somwhat out of order?

But what do we get instead? Aren't you all pathetic bringing this up after a defeat. These guys know more than you so shut up. With this in mind is the current stance we shan't discuss the club and its employees until certain posters tell us we can? If this is the case then someone should let us know.

Possibly the difference between some of us is that and i speak for myself at least in this, I've made peace with the fact we are now undergoing a transformation and if that means we win nowt this season or possibly even next as well for the good of the long term then fine.

We have had an incredible time post takeover, first under Bob and then with Pellegrini and Pep is not only the next stage but the next level, the European elite level and its going to take time.

Signings like Sterling, Sane, Jesus are a glimpse of whats to come and im more than happy to give those at the club a little time to finish off the work thats very clearly happening right now.

Monaco was shit, Pep deserves criticism and so do the players but i honestly dont believe Txiki does because he cant be held responsible for a turgid 45 mins and a profligate 2nd half.

Totally agree ive said a few times this guy is very lucky to be part of the Soriano Pep axis and has been basically stealing a living for the past 4 years. Serious questions need to be asked about player recruitment scouting and young player development etc as surely that should be what a director of football should be judged on

He's bullet proof as he's the reason Pep is here, he's lucky in so much we are that wealthy we can afford to throw hundreds of millions at it and eventually he will get it right, if he's peddled you can bet Pep won't be far behind , it won't happen though , let's hope Peps here for another 5 seasons after this one , he's been left with an unbalanced squad which is Everton standard after the first choice eleven - our best players still are from the first PL win and that speaks volumes about The DoF's squad building ability.

Peps had one hand tied behind his back , let's hope we get players in of a decent quality suited to the PL and here on time for a decent pre season otherwise it's another "transitional" season looming .

That's the whole point.

Txiki's job is to build the squad. When we win games nobody bothers because everything is fine. When we lose people bump the thread because they're angry and explode with rage like a Catherine Wheel and try to blame everybody involved.

Txiki's job performance doesn't change on a game by game basis but the rage towards him does. That's the problem.

I also notice that nobody has blamed Khaldoon - another constant and ultimately the man who signs the cheques. Where's the 300 page thread blaming him for appointing Soriano, for appointing Begiristain, for appointing Marwood? For sanctioning the appointment of the managers and the spend on the players. He's as to blame as Txiki, who is literally a board member and reports to the Chairman. There isn't one because people like him which is what all of this boils down to.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.