Txiki Begiristain

I think all clubs' signings can be hit or miss. We've made some amazing signings, and if we criticise Txiki for the poor ones surely he must be given credit for Sané, Sterling, Jesus, Fernandinho, Stones, Sagna, Gundogan and Otamendi.

For me, the only stand out disappointments apart from the disastrous 2012 summer are Mangala and Fernando. But maybe that's just because I was expecting Mangala to be like Vinny, or at least a fast John Terry, and Fernando to be like Kante has proven to be. These two for me have been an utterly huge let down and disappointment and not what we needed. But no one knew at the time, or I assume we wouldn't have bought them.

Even Bony, although he turned out to be shit, I thought was a decent signing at the time, before he played for us. I'm guessing Txiki is just as disappointed in him as we were.

Hopefully this summer the board and Pep will get more right than wrong. I think they've done ok so far. We can't force players to come here, some just prefer Spain or London. I think we'll do ok this summer.

Right so how exactly can he control player's performances when he's not in control of training, not in control of the first team, not in control of their diet or their fitness and not in control of their selection and not in control of the tactics that give them space to operate?

He can't. So he isn't judged from that - that's how managers are judged. This would be like judging teachers on what career their students are in at aged 30.

e's judged on building squads that have quality in them instead, so I thought providing the name of some quality players he's bought that are in our squad would probably be a good idea to that.

Yup.

I seem to have got the impression (no doubt mistaken) that he was instrumental in the comings and goings of our last three managers.
He's got a huge influence at the club.

People also seem to ignore the fact that Guardiola has now insisted on having the final word on players.
Says it all.

I don't like arsehole hypocrites giving it out about "prompting insults" while simultaneously prompting insults. I made a point to cookster, which was that his actions were hypocritical in complaining about lack of respect when he himself was posting without respect.

You made no point. You have nothing to say. You just want a slanging match then to point at someone and say "look at all the mud they're slinging". You can get to fuck with that shite, presuming you're getting away with it like everybody else is 5 years old and can't see how transparent that is.

Again if you want to be part of the muck I've got no problem with but don't sit there on a high horse acting like you're above it.

Like I said very angry for some reason, I noticed the thread had been bumped gave my opinion on txiki and no doubt will do again, I even made several points and had plenty to say on the subject at hand I guess you missed them. I didn't feel the need to mention people's state of mind or ulterior motives if they disagreed with me. I also didn't need to call anyone an arsehole, a hypocrite or tell them to get to fuck. Anyhow there is a big game on which is a tad more important at the moment than our DOF so maybe this thread will die down till a later date.

Wow, some really precious folk on here embarrassing themselves. To get that wound up just isn't normal.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Txiki's job is to ensure continuity at all levels of the club, particularly of course with the first team. By that I mean that when a manager is replaced the upheaval should have minimal effect on the team and that transfer windows should be about evolution rather than revolution, ie, one or two signings in areas that really strengthen the squad.

The fact therefore that we are in the position of pretty much having to buy an entire new defence in the Summer, is for me an indication that thus far, he has failed to do his job to the level required.

Can't blame Txiki solely for Mangala, Otamendi or Bravo IMO. If a player is purchased with pedigree and fails to adapt then the blame is with multiple stakeholders, but the lack of any attempt to recruit new fullbacks is very very peculiar.

Are you saying that Txiki has allowed the contracts to run down on purpose. All part of his grand plan?

You do know he renewed quite a few of these contracts a few years ago?
Agreed mate and he had offers on the table for Kolorov and Zabaletta to in the summer to, if there are City fans out there happy with his performance over the past 3 years then I'm willing to listen to reason but tell me of a top European team that needs a whole new defence its a ####ing joke

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.