Sergio Aguero - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is why he's rarely played for Argentina, they've dealt with it for years

tbf Higuain has bottled a sitter in each of the 3 finals Argentina has played, he is ultimately to blame for their lack of silverware.

He seems to have lost a step. Still has that killer instinct but is losing the physicality to capitalise. In the past, when he received those "between" the lines passes to his feet, he would knock it on, turn on the afterburners, and get his shot away. Today he received three of those same passes and wasn't able to get off a shot from any of them, even with decent first touches on two of them. He is just not as athletic as he used to be, hence why nearly all of his goals come from running in behind the defender to finish low crosses now—that's more about anticipation and timing than pace. Do not misunderstand, I am very happy her still has that to his game, but I also miss the lethal Kun we had just a few years ago.

Perhaps it is down to the extra pressing duties... but I am not convinced that is the case. I just think he has been playing at such a high level for so long that his legs are going a bit earlier than they otherwise would. He still has the strength, just not the short distance burst that used to be his signature.

Still love him and his passion, though.

So frustrating given his quality.

I was up and celebrating as I thought he'd take that last one.

I genuinely don't think it was as easy as it looked....ive just watched a replay of it and it think he sees it late due to the player jumping for the header in front of him....

People are going on like he missed a sackful but in reality that is the only one

He seems to have lost a step. Still has that killer instinct but is losing the physicality to capitalise. In the past, when he received those "between" the lines passes to his feet, he would knock it on, turn on the afterburners, and get his shot away. Today he received three of those same passes and wasn't able to get off a shot from any of them, even with decent first touches on two of them. He is just not as athletic as he used to be, hence why nearly all of his goals come from running in behind the defender to finish low crosses now—that's more about anticipation and timing than pace. Do not misunderstand, I am very happy her still has that to his game, but I also miss the lethal Kun we had just a few years ago.

Perhaps it is down to the extra pressing duties... but I am not convinced that is the case. I just think he has been playing at such a high level for so long that his legs are going a bit earlier than they otherwise would. He still has the strength, just not the short distance burst that used to be his signature.

Still love him and his passion, though.

Sergio has never had long distance sprinting pace...his pace has always been over 5yds or so......His game has had to change as that is what Pep demands....so he is often in different positions than he is used to....He has never been a great dribbler of a ball but has fantastic upper body strength and a low centre of gravity which makes him very difficult to knock off the ball...he still has all those attributes and you saw that few yds of pace on his goal today

People weeks ago were hanging him out to dry saying he would never adapt...now that they have been proved wrong (no one has mention that moment in the first half where he dropped deep and quickly turned a played a ball round the corner inside his own half to sterling that set up a chance for Sane....) people are having a go at him when he misses one chance...

its bordering on stupidity

Once again, poor finishing let him down. Despite his relatively good numbers he seems to be a shadow of what he used to be.

so you are ignoring the facts infront of you and going of a generalised opinion.........yeah ok!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.