Pep's Press Conferences - Watford (A) Post Match (Page 129)

the thing is quality new players have to be main players and not squad players like in the past there is 5 major roles in the side first team places that need replacing both fullbacks a must a centre back new keeper and a holding midfield player. any tom dick or harry can can that city have ageing players in them roles and time is up

now for the squad there is many who are coming to the end at city and they need to be out and for the youth to be given a chance in the squad clear the loan players list get rid even at a loss clear them out say think you and good bye and then see what players is will to stay and fight for a place in the squad. KDB silva aguero are needed to go again next season and with better fullbacks and a holding midfield player they can shine again the front line of sane sterling jesus are going to be set in stone so again questions about aguero

my heart says 10 players out that's with the loan players out already
4 new youth players are going to be given a place in the squad that's already been said by pep and the 6 new signings so if you are looking at the first game of next season

keeper new or joe hart
right back new left back new
centre back new and stones
midfield new KDB and silva
front line sane sterling jusus

that what its looking like from me
So with over 20 players out on loan plus 10 are you suggesting we shift over 30 players in the summer? that's some clearout! Also a few of these young loan players will be back here in the summer hopefully.

After first seeing this, I was a bit disappointed that he wasn't pissed off that we dropped points at home again, and that missing so many chances is costing us everything so far this season.

But, on reflection, and seeing it again, I think he's absolutely spot on not to give the pricks in the media anything. One slight hint at finger pointing and the bellend hacks will be all over it, piling more pressure on and making up lies about dressing room bust ups etc. Best to be all smiley and happy in public, and tell Kun in private to get new shooting boots, and Sterling to be more aggressive in the box, or whatever it is he thinks he needs to say.

After first seeing this, I was a bit disappointed that he wasn't pissed off that we dropped points at home again, and that missing so many chances is costing us everything so far this season.

But, on reflection, and seeing it again, I think he's absolutely spot on not to give the pricks in the media anything. One slight hint at finger pointing and the bellend hacks will be all over it, piling more pressure on and making up lies about dressing room bust ups etc. Best to be all smiley and happy in public, and tell Kun in private to get new shooting boots, and Sterling to be more aggressive in the box, or whatever it is he thinks he needs to say.

Tbh, I've seen he gave a solid hint IMO. When asked about wholesale changes, he said it won't happen but that we missed too many chances like 10th time this season and that will have to be changed. It's solid message to Agero imo.

PS. it was not in this video, it was in post-game interview.

Last edited:
We need a strong finish to the season, winning the FA Cup and getting runners up spot will do me now but the way we started the season I thought the league was a certainty.

We need a strong finish to the season, winning the FA Cup and getting runners up spot will do me now but the way we started the season I thought the league was a certainty.
We started the previous season with a bang.
So much depends on injuries, suspensions and managing workload.

Chelsea will likely get the highest points total for 11 years. It's been a frustrating year in the sense that I feel we're just not there yet,but it's not like recent seasons where finishing second would be a massive disappointment. They've just been better than us, with half the number of games because of not having Europe, but we've got much more room to improve, and will.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.