Sergio Aguero - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at that chance that Silva missed on MOTD2 (and his finishing is criminal for a player of his quality) Aguero is never at any point in shot, even when the spider camera above the pitch shows the whole penalty area. That's shocking. There was another incident bear the end where was just outside the area and played in a player in a wide position. He then stood still instead of attacking the near post as he should have been doing.

I genuinely don't think it was as easy as it looked....ive just watched a replay of it and it think he sees it late due to the player jumping for the header in front of him....

People are going on like he missed a sackful but in reality that is the only one
He also made a fantastic run, received a one two from Sane and has the goal gaping but takes another touch and slips over.

He also had a good chance at the near post.

And there were three or four cut backs he could and really should have been getting on the end of.

Where would we be this season without him? God bless Sergio!

You must be joking..
I love the man and what he's done for us, but his goalscoring record deceives once again
Cannot remember the last time he scored with his first effort on goal in the match like he used to
I also cannot remember the last truly class goal he scored that he created and finished on his own. I know its a very harsh assessment but we are talking about the top level here, a table that he has dined at for years
But his finishing has been nothing short of horrendous at HOME this season, particularly against the stronger sides. He takes 5 chances to bag nowadays, whereas he used to be so, so clinical

Can see from Peps reaction every time the ball bounces off him and he miss places a pass that he just isn't the standard he expects all round

Sorry situation really, and we are lucky to have had him in his prime, but Jesus is the future and I seriously believe he will leave this summer with our best wishes

You must be joking..
I love the man and what he's done for us, but his goalscoring record deceives once again
Cannot remember the last time he scored with his first effort on goal in the match like he used to
I also cannot remember the last truly class goal he scored that he created and finished on his own. I know its a very harsh assessment but we are talking about the top level here, a table that he has dined at for years
But his finishing has been nothing short of horrendous at HOME this season, particularly against the stronger sides. He takes 5 chances to bag nowadays, whereas he used to be so, so clinical

Can see from Peps reaction every time the ball bounces off him and he miss places a pass that he just isn't the standard he expects all round

Sorry situation really, and we are lucky to have had him in his prime, but Jesus is the future and I seriously believe he will leave this summer with our best wishes

So he's crucified for not being as good as he used to be? Take his goals away from this season. Where would we be now?

Too much pressure on his shoulders being the only threat up front. The human factor.
The lad was looking so lost again post match. He needs a smile.

If Sané, Raz, KDB and Silva would score as well and take pressure away from Sergio, he will be a beast.
Let Gabriel come back and it gets even better.

Sergio has set the bar so high in previous seasons that it is probably a tad unfair to be critical of him not maintaining those levels whilst adapting to Pep's philosophy. Whether Pep has seen enough and moves him on or sits him on the bench when Gabby is fit is anyone's guess

He's being asked to step up the intensity and tempo of his all round play, whilst also maintaining that calm, clinical approach that previously characterised his finishing. That doesnt seem to me to be an easy adjustment to make. He's also gone from being one of the first names on the teamsheet to being dropped which must have had some impact on his confidence. Its not really surprising that he's been snatching at shots.

Sergio has set the bar so high in previous seasons that it is probably a tad unfair to be critical of him not maintaining those levels whilst adapting to Pep's philosophy. Whether Pep has seen enough and moves him on or sits him on the bench when Gabby is fit is anyone's guess
I hope they will be able to play together, especially now that Sergio is showing signs of success in adapting to the philosophy. People are saying that the team shouldn't over-rely on a sole striker, and perhaps by playing them both the burden will be more evenly shared.

He's being asked to step up the intensity and tempo of his all round play, whilst also maintaining that calm, clinical approach that previously characterised his finishing. That doesnt seem to me to be an easy adjustment to make. He's also gone from being one of the first names on the teamsheet to being dropped which must have had some impact on his confidence. Its not really surprising that he's been snatching at shots.
I think that is it,he has to think about so many things he is not used to and its hampering his scoring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.