Liverpool - post match thread.

Did the kids laugh??

Only messing, hope you're ok
Yep .they did,I bollocked them and told them they should of gone on the pitch and smacked him for me.they will laugh even more tomorrow as I've just noticed both eyes have gone black now.
Gonna be a day of panda jokes tomorrow.:+)

If its any consolation? chris waddle fractured my finger bealting a ball into the north stand whilst playing for sheff wed? kinda my only claim to faim that!!! :)
Haha managed to pull off a top save from kun a couple of seasons back ended up bending three fingers back ,that bloody hurt too .crash hat and boxing gloves next home game :+)

Am gonna give credit to the lads today, having to overcome the ref as well as the opposition is hard, battled well, did some great moves,pep made good changes, but for a couple of misses would have won. On another day we lose that after going behind, also we can create good chances vs anyone,have a strong finish to the season please then we can look forwards to next season with a stronger squad etc. Cant wait.
This!!!!

Yes mate .have recently had a detached retina in the other eye.went to report to an ambulance crew after the game ,as I thought I may nerd a record of it if it buggers the other eye up and they weren't interested .
Going to cost about £80 to put right as the smashed lens had special prisms in it !
Bloody hell mate sorry to hear that.Very surprised that the Ambulance Service wern`t interested.

Sergio is on 25 for the season so far.

Across all competitions, yes. I'm talking 20 in the league, but let's break his scoring down:

His 13 goals in the Premier League (played in 22) have been:

vs Sunderland 1 (pen)
@ Stoke 2 (1 pen)
@ Swansea 2 (1 pen)
@ West Brom 2
vs Middlesbrough 1
@ Burnley 2
vs Burnley 1
@ Sunderland 1
vs Liverpool 1

8 goals in the Champions League (played in 7 games) have been:

@ Steaua 3
vs Gladbach 3 (1 pen)
vs Monaco 2

4 goals in the FA Cup (played in 4) have been:

@ West Ham 1
vs Huddersfield 2 (1 pen)
@ Middlesbrough 1

He also featured for 19 minutes against U****d in the League Cup, but I'm not going to count that as a competition we were taking seriously.

In summary, Sergio has played in 33 games this season and scored 25 goals, 5 of which have been penalties. On the face of it, this is a good return.
However, when you dig deeper into the statistics, he has only scored in 15 of the 33 games (45%) in which he has featured.

On a Premier League level, Sergio has scored in 9 of the 22 games (41%) in which he has played. Compare that with Ibrahimovic (48%), Mane (50%) Kane (50%), Lukaku (50%), Costa (62%) and he is lowest of the other best strikers in the league.

He's also only scored against one of the top 7 teams (there is a significant gap below Everton, hence this unusual cut-off point). Compared with Ibrahimovic, Lukaku, Kane (all 2), Mane, Costa (both 3), Sergio is again bottom of the pack.

Factoring in all of these things, plus Aguero's increasing lack of clinical-ness in front of goal, I maintain that we need an experienced striker who will score consistently.

(sorry for the long post, I got a little carried away).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.